Huangshan Koala International Youth Hostel

Superb 384 Total Reviews

• iirojalava69
  • Finland, Couple, 25-30
7th Nov 2018

The staff was really helpful and kind. Also the location is great! In the lobby the music was a bit loud for me and mostly american. You can just go and adjust the volume tough. Also in the Huangshan trip bought from the hostel nobody speaked english and the trip guide just abandoned us, luckily we met a westerner who spoko both english and chinese and we got back. So if you dont speak chinese and have wechat I would recommend not buying your Huangshan trip here.

• rreinhart9238857
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
3rd Nov 2018

We arrived in Tuxin from the High speed rail-way station and the instructions on how to get to the hostel were spot on! The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped us book a bus to the mountains and gave us recommendations on where to eat. The rooms were clean and they had privacy curtains which was amazing. The bathroom was clean and in the room! Overall we had a great stay

• Canada, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
1st Nov 2018

Beds are comfortable and each one comes with its own plug, lamp and privacy curtains. Staff are extremely friendly and helped me sort out many parts of my trip - organising a day hike to Huangshan, cooked me a delicious local dinner, booked me on a tour to Hongcun and arranged my bus ride to Shanghai (incl pickup and another individual who guided me from the station, through security and directly onto the bus)! Booking tours/transport through them is cheaper/easier than doing it yourself!

• aschedlb1219
  • USA, Female, 25-30
28th Oct 2018
8.0

The staff were friendly and helpful regarding information about the area and details for planning to climb Huangshan. We were happy with our room, which was clean and had it’s own electric kettle to boil water; this was especially nice since we could make tea and oatmeal for our early morning departure. There was a nice common area to play pool and darts.

• mulansi1587
  • China, Female, 25-30
30th Sep 2018

I feel a little sorry that I comment so late because I had supper busy schedule. This will be my longest comments ever because I think this hostel deserve it. There are so many reasons to fall in love with this hostel: 1. It still maintained the original low price when they found they should adjust the price higher during the National Holiday. 2. Draw a beautiful two-days route of Huangshan Park. 3. Let us set up Tent on the roof after another hostel stood us up.

25th Sep 2018

The most helpful staff we experienced of about a dozen so far. Nice common area and great value food. It is right near the main train station but a 40 min bus ride from the north train station and a long bus to Huangshan mountain. We happily recommend the hostel in general but would probably try to stay in Tangkou to cut down on the bus journeys if visiting the mountain again.

24th Sep 2018

Great hostel, great owner & a great time on the Yellow Mountain! I was greeted with great hospitality from the owner Chen who was very helpful & also very gracious -- He gave me a delicious Moon Cake on Mid-Autumn Day! My private room was great, it was like a hotel room with everything I needed. The mini bus to Yellow Mountain ( in front of the Huangshan train station, 5 minutes away) took about an hour. I only had 1 day, and everything worked out well. I'll be back to visit the villages!

• tamargoitein6605
  • Israel, Couple, 25-30
7th Sep 2018

staff was quite knowledgable and nice. When we returned early from Huangshan, at 9 am, our room was ready by 1030!!! Amazing service

• siglehart2895
  • USA, Male, 25-30
31st Aug 2018

Very friendly staff, will answer any questions you have about the area or trips you want to plan while you stay. Nice lobby area, and they serve decent food/breakfast, I booked 3 nights but only ended up staying 1 because I found another hostel closer to Huangshan mountains that saved me money and time on travel expenses but that's no knock on this hostel it's a good place.

• maxgrunfelder3777
  • Germany, Male, 25-30
30th Aug 2018

The hostel is really good and the staff is indescribable friendly and helped me in all matters, booking buses and tours to the mountain. I would definitely book the hostel again only because of the staff because it's quite hard to come along there without Chinese.

×