International Students Residence

• spencerjones1996483
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
17th Apr 2018
6.3

You get what you pay for with this place. It's clean and staff were nice. The rooms are I think 4x9 so don't expect much space. And it's right beside the subway bridge, so expect loud train noises every 5 minutes or so. Wifi was inconsistent as well.

• yanjie_lee3870
  • Singapore, Female, 18-24
17th Apr 2018

I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised by how nice and clean the hostel was. For females, there was around 3 toilet cubicles and 3 showers in my level (didn't really count but yup). Do note that it is really near the train tracks - I literally felt my bed vibrate when the train passed. It might be a problem if you are a light sleeper, but I slept perfectly well :)

• juanrestrepo16947372
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
6.9

Upon arrival we were upgraded to a private bunk bed room. Thanks for the attention!

• jelle5159
  • Netherlands, Male, 25-30
8.0

Great value for money hostel. Good location in Williamsburg, only 1 stop from Manhattan. A 2 person dorm is pretty nice. Hot showers, big communual area. Nice.

7.4

Nice rooms but not completly sealed. Was woken up at 4am to someone gagging really loud and vomiting. Didn't sound like he made it to the bathroom in time. Also I arrived late and couldn't find anything for food nearby but happened to find a very nice convenience store man who was also from Toronto and we bonded. He turned on the microwave and nuked me a burger even though the food section of the store was close. Was also greeted by a very cute host who was extremely nice when I first arrived.

• kaschinla5689
  • USA, Female, 18-24
6th Apr 2018
5.4

I read the reviews that it would be bright and noisy at night due to the walls not going floor to ceiling. I just didn't know how unkept and unprepared the space would be. I feel as if I could only compromise so much. However, you cannot be the price.

• gillyfut2798
  • Jamaica, Female, 31-40
5th Apr 2018

My experience was good. It was my first time at a hostel. Will definitely do it again.

• USA, Male, 25-30
5th Apr 2018

I like this place it's quiet and clean with comfortable beds

• USA, Male, 18-24
7.1

It is basically a holding pen. I paid $50 bucks for a "private" room in which I could not stand and hold my arms out in without hitting both walls. The walls themselves do not go all the way to the ceiling and so if on light is one, it feels like they are all and and sound carries. The M train rumbles by every few minutes most of the day and night so definitely take the ear plugs from the bowl at the front desk.

• markviso4262
  • USA, Male, 31-40
2nd Apr 2018

Great location. One subway stop into Brooklyn on the JMZ lines. Two blocks from the Marcy station. My single room was clean but with the open ceilings you could hear everything else going on. Bathrooms were clean as well. Great location

×