International Students Residence

• sm2016
  • Switzerland, Male, 25-30
7th Jan 2018
5.7

The individual rooms don't actually look individual. The walls are very thin and there is no ceiling! This is something we cannot see from the pictures. So it is basically the same as if there was only a curtain between two beds. Very bad experience as my neighbors were making a lot of noise and I couldn't sleep. The only positive aspect is the relatively good location, in my opinion.

• USA, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018
6.3

Staff were nice. Cleaning staff were wonderful, and I thought the place was pretty clean/well maintained for such a big hostel. Atmosphere was okay. However, this is probably the worst hostel I've stayed in just because a) you can hear EVERYTHING and it's ALWAYS bright in the rooms bc although its '2 person dorms' really theres no top to the walls and you're basically sharing with like 50 people... also, the kitchen is severely lacking; no spices, no oils, barely any cutlery/plates/etc.

29th Dec 2017
7.4

It's a cheap option if you want to see the city. Yes the walls do not reach the ceiling, you will hear the whole hallway snorring, caughing and you will hear the subway in front of the building... But I was fine with my earplugs and I was so tired every evening. There is not really an atmosphere since nobody uses the common area, I have barely seen anyone there. But I guess everybody is busy with exploring. First I was scared after I read all the comments about the hostel, but it's not that bad.

• France, Female, 18-24
6.6

This hostel was ok, nothing particular. The location is great, a direct subway line to Manhattan but staff were rude.

• amorris109017
  • USA, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2017

I needed assistance finding my phone, and the young man at the front desk was more than willing to help me find it. This was unrelated to my stay, and the employee took their time to help me recover it. Thank you.

• Netherlands, Male, 31-40
3.7

Staff was not friendly. Rooms are very noisy because they have no ceiling. You hear everything that is said or done in the hallway or many rooms down the hallway. This is just ridiculous! Bathrooms are dirty and doors of toilets and showers don't lock.

• France, Female, 31-40
23rd Dec 2017
6.3

The rooms are not separated by a full wall so it feels you share yours with 60 people, it’s very noisy and the metro outside passed very often and very close. The staff is not very helpful, but still ok. The restrooms not very clean. The metro is only 2 min away which is very convenient, you reach the city very easily.

22nd Dec 2017

As many have mentioned, the only downside to the place is noise and overhearing other people talking in their rooms due to low partitons between rooms (i.e. wall is not all the way up to the ceiling). Also, you may frequently hear subway trains passing by in your room since the residence is loctaed right beside the subway overpass. Otherwise, location is great (2 minute walk to subway) and the place is very clean.

• mujtaba898330
  • Pakistan, Male, 25-30
10th Dec 2017
7.7

The place is right next to the subway line so the train noise is maddening. Doesn't stop at night either. You can't bring food up to your room, which is probably a good thing but I would have preferred if we could. There's no water fountain for drinking water. I booked a private room but instead of a twin bed, I got a bunk bed which wasn't the most comfortable. It gets really hot inside the hostel and that is saying something considering it was December.

• jeremypasquier273718
  • France, Male, 18-24
10th Dec 2017
4.6

Cheap and clean but nothing more. Just a bed to sleep really (not even a roof to the room). But I imagine if you are looking for a cheap place at least it is clean and close from manathan

×