Isaacs Hostel

• dnrodriguez015981
  • USA, Male, 25-30
17th Nov 2018
6.6

Quite easily and without exaggeration the most uncomfortable stay I've had in 10 years. Mainly due to the decrepit poorly ventilated rooms which are reminiscent of some sort of WW2 barracks. Sounds all throughout the hostel can be heard painfully throughout the night and especially from public transportation directly nearby the building (even with earplugs). No Wifi in rooms and the complimentary breakfast was so meager I literally walked out with nothing.

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Nov 2018

We loved It! Very cozy great beds and linens very charming an welcoming. The staff were very accommodating friendly. Our first time in a hostel and we loved it. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you!

• Cowen131437
  • Israel, Male, 18-24
13th Nov 2018
6.9

My room stank really bad and it was less than 10 meters from the train rail. The breakfast is so light compared to other hostels (I just went to eat in a coffeeshop instead).

• kendallharter11069
  • USA, Female, 25-30
12th Nov 2018

I have visited Dublin three times, so I’ve stayed in a few hostels. Isaac’s is definitely my favorite. The location is great, the amenities and facilities are as well, and the staff is very friendly and easy to talk to. Overall, the atmosphere is what impresses me the most. I have felt isolated being a solo traveler at many different hostels before, but not here. Definitely take the free walking tour too!

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Nov 2018

Such a good location really really close to the city centre. The reception area is class, lots of seating with a wee fire as well. The staff were so friendly and helpful, was able to tell us where was good to go. Rooms were so clean and you even get a towel too which was fab. Would definitely stay here again, it’s perfect.

• greta19946638
  • Italy, Couple, 25-30
11th Nov 2018

Believe when people say that this is the best hostel in Dublin! My hubby and I stayed here just for one day but next time we will plan to stay more and this hostel is gonna be our choice for sure! Amazing!

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2018

I really enjoyed my stay here. Location is close to temple bar area, shopping is just 10 minutes down the street. Emigration museum is also close by. Friendly people staff was helpful and fun to chat with. There is a large common area with lots of outlets. I used the sauna after a cold day. Breakfast was super simple toast, coffee, juice & cereal . Showers and bathrooms were clean and there were extra showers downstairs. I didn’t have an adapter but I could borrow one.

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

• arsono112397
  • Canada, Male, 41+
5.1

Maybe hostel life isn’t for me. I wouldn’t stay again if someone paid me to stay. Things were stolen, people in the sleeping area didn’t care about others, the lights are controlled by one switch so if someone walked in and turned the light on then everyone was lit up. Trains went by the windows from 6am til who knows when. The place smelled and two of the days our beds weren’t even made. Spend the extra money and stay in a Airbnb.

We are so sorry to hear of your disappointment . We will respond directly to you by email

• cincyreds19966574
  • USA, Male, 18-24
10th Nov 2018

Was a very lovely clean place. Staff was friendly and helpful. I only had one issue, a group of guys came back to my room super drunk and was jumping off bunk beds and screaming at the top of their lungs at 4am. I had to yell at them to shut them up. This was my first hostel experience and I'm not sure if I'll ever stay at another one because they ruined it for me.

• michelle100703014920
  • USA, Female, 18-24
9th Nov 2018
7.7

The hostel itself wasn’t bad but the people in the same room with me just make the whole thing terrible. They were loud at 3am in the morning and someone threw the mattress from top bunk down to the floor, the staff ended up coming up and did not deal with the situation effectively. The quiet hour is 11pm which is too late. The money I paid overall just doesn’t match up to the quality I should have over the 2 nights I stayed. Also you don’t have access to the wifi in your room which is weird.

×