It's a Small World Backpackers Lodge Avondale

Very Good 51 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 51 Total Reviews

10th Jan 2018

I was a bit hesitant to stay here based on the past reviews, but was happy to find the complete opposite. Staff were so accommodating and friendly! The lodge is clean and safe. My 1 night stay in the dorm was very pleasant. Would stay again!

20th Dec 2017
7.1

I stayed in the dorm for 4 nights. The bunk bed was super squeaky - had trouble sleeping the first night. There are two showers to share between the entire dorm room and multiple private rooms. One morning, I waited 20 minutes to use the toilet because both showers were occupied. The lodge is in a safe neighborhood but it is a little out of the way from shops and restaurants. Overall, the dorm here is one of the cheapest lodging in Harare and that outweighed a lot of the cons for me.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
1st Nov 2017

This place is definitely worth to book if you visit Mutare. The staff is more than friendly and helps you in all your matters. But they also give you privacy if you need it. Only wifi is extra, which I think should not be.

• Belize, Female, 31-40
1st Oct 2017
6.9

Stayed one night in the dorm which had only one other person. It was fine, restaurant/bar was nice too, wifi worked quite well. BathrooMs were a bit old with broken showers Neighbourhood is residential and seems secure, Avondale shopping centre nearby

• Australia, Female, 25-30
30th Sep 2017
4.9

When i arrived at the property there was no record of my booking, even though I had paid a confirmation fee. No apology. I was then lumped into a room that was next to the car park (constant loud beeping from cars). The door felt like it didn't close properly and had paper in the lock. Had to walk through the car park to get to the bathroom which stank of mold. The lady showing me around had no interest, when I asked for a map I got "heres the WiFi password, use Google maps." Left a night early

×