Ivory Towers Backpacker Lodge

• chrisbrave73492
  • Australia, Female, 41+
1st Aug 2018
8.0

My daughter and I had a pleasant stay at Ivory Towers Backpacker Lodge. The day we arrived by bus we were too early to check in as we had only travelled from Franz Josef, so we walked to Lake Matheson some Ks away and got drenched along the way. The only shuttle guy in the town couldn't be contacted, so the backpacker lodge owner's daughter picked us up for nothing. It was very kind of both the owner and the daughter. I have already recommended this backpackers' to others.

• England, Female, 31-40
20th Jul 2018
7.7

Lady who run the place seemed rather short with us. We called ahead of time to check our late arrival wasn’t an issue as stated on the confirmation. And she didn’t seem happy even though there was prior warning. Internet didn’t work, sauna you have to pay for jacuzzi was a massive bonus! Hostel was clean, beds were ok for the night or two but not great long term. When asking to a light so I could turn fire on she told me she was busy, when I did it myself she made a point of slamming doors.

14th Jul 2018
5.1

I didn’t enjoy my stay at this hostel. The other guests didn’t seem very friendly and just kept to themselves. The kitchen was very smelly which also lead into the hallways and rooms. Fox glacier is very small and is mainly good for hikes... if it’s raining there isn’t much else to do. The WiFi in the hostel is very slow and lasts about half an hour. The rooms aren’t very safe as they don’t lock automatically and therefore the last person to leave the rooms needs to lock it (easily forgotten).

• Australia, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Jul 2018

Great little place, extremely cosy. Probably not the best place for a solo traveller as there are a lot of families, but if you like to keep to yourself then it’s perfect. Couldn’t really fault it, has everything you need.

6th Jul 2018

The hostel had everything I needed. I found the staff acted like the guests got in the way of their routine - rather than working around guests to make a pleasant stay. The rooms were left with doors wide open during cleaning which was poor security especially with external access and staff moving about in other rooms.

• sjoukjevanalst2587
  • Netherlands, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2018

Great hostel, and very equiped kitchen. Loved the fireplace.

• patrick_fabel
  • USA, All Male Group, 18-24
24th Jun 2018
7.4

Only here two nights and it was perfect for that. FREE PARKING is always nice. Only real complaints I had at all with this hostel was no lockers in room and out room mates the first night were probably the messiest people I’ve ever shared a room with but that’s not the hostel’s fault at all. They ended up leaving the next day so it wasn’t too bad. All and all if I was in fox again I’d stay here

• tulianyteixe
  • Brazil, Female, 31-40
3rd Jun 2018

Good hostel, however missing some little details which makes difference...wifi free, but only 250mg, which is nothing...you use it and in 10min is gone. No bed light, not bed plugs, no locker, bed not confortable...only for one night was fine, but for longer I’m not sure.

• CharleyAlley
27th May 2018

AMAZING! The staff were so friendly, and even let us check in really early. Quiet as it was off season but that added to our stay. Movie room is fabulous, and the free WiFi was great. Super clean and spacious kitchen and plenty of room to sit and eat. Showers are amazing! Would definitely stay here again!

• omermilikovski9241
  • Israel, Male, 18-24
3rd May 2018

Great place in a small town, definitely worth staying there for the night if you're looking for a place in Fox Glacier

×