Jacobs Inn

• rayvinrhodes
  • USA, Female, 18-24
5th Oct 2018
7.7

Great security. Okay location and staff. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Hard beds, bring your own pillow. Quite loud. Pretty good price on weekdays but overly priced for the weekend

Thanks for your review. We are constantly improving our hostel and your comments will help us a lot with that. Hope you had a great time in Dublin!

• alexanderberx4549
  • Belgium, All Male Group, 25-30
4th Oct 2018

Nice place to stay, really friendly staff!

thanks for your lovely review! Hope to see again around here!

• seamus_kelly6840
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
2nd Oct 2018
5.1

Bed was hard and uncomfortable, excessive noise disrupted my sleep, for what I got I feel I paid double for half

Hi, thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you felt the bed was uncomfortable. They will be changed in the next few months so hopefully we will have you back here for a second and better stay!

• michelehenn8935
  • USA, Female, 41+
27th Sep 2018

A great location and very secure, this is a great hostel with great storage and comfortable beds and en suite bathrooms are great!

Thanks for your lovely review, Michele! We are glad to hear you liked the hostel. We hope you had a great time in Dublin!

26th Sep 2018

this was definitely my favorite hostel. it was clean, the staff is nice, very secure. in room showers, free bfast, and lots to do. the pubcrawl deff helped me meet many new people. as a solo backpacker i always look forward to meeting new people and everyone here was super awesome, the vibe is set right from the beginning as you enter.

Thanks for your lovely review! We are more than happy to hear you loved the hostel as much as we do! Hope to see you again around Dublin!

25th Sep 2018
4.6

The location and security were good but that was about it. I would not recommend staying here as it was one of the nastiest hostels I’ve stayed in. I don’t believe the rooms get cleaned very often and there was a bad smell just about everywhere in the building. Also the showers are the kind where you have to push a button and it stays on for 10 seconds and then you have to keep pushing it the whole shower. Not many cheap hostels in Dublin but this one was still not worth what we paid

Thank you for your review, and we are sorry to hear you felt this way. We clean our rooms daily and air them as often as we can. We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoyed your time in Dublin.

• USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Sep 2018
7.1

Stayed three nights and EVRY SINGLE NIGHT someone else was in my bed and had to be moved to different rooms. Ended up losing clothes, chargers, and a tablet because of the shuffling and people moving my things. Breakfast is bread with butter and jam. Area around is about 15 minute walk to the center but it's great to have the express airport bus at the end of the corner. Wish my experience would have been better but three nights in a row is inexcusable.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience of people taking your bed. I know you have been in touch with us directly on this point and we will continue to correspond with you on it.

22nd Sep 2018
7.7

My second stay here- the beds are big with privacy curtains and plug sockets / USB charger sockets attached to your own individual bed. However the hostel was large and felt impersonal with guests rarely mingling. Breakfast only served until 9.30am. Why? Cost of hostel was also very high at €55 a night. Staff were all from overseas and not the friendly Irish ones I met last time I stayed (back in August 2016). Walking tour and pub crawl was good. Highly recommend Wild Wicklow Mountains tour.

Thank you for your kind review. We're currently upgrading our breakfast and appreciate your feedback. While the staff in an international hostel tend to change, we do try our best to maintain a high level of customer service. We hope you had a great time in Dublin and are glad you chose to stay with us again!

20th Sep 2018

Great stay! Shuttles to and from the airport, even when the 747 isn't running early in the morning (which is super helpful). Will be back!

Thanks for your lovely review, Victoria! Hope to see you again around here!

• Thomasmcentaggart8261
  • England, Male, 41+
17th Sep 2018
5.7

Staff need to smile at the customers who are paying their wages the doom and gloom coming from staff isnt exactly a warm welcome certainly no ( cead mile failte ) was received and the mattress above me on the lower bunk I slept on had dried urine stains on it evidence the mattress was turned over not thrown out like it should have been i have stayed here numerous times i will not be giving my hard earned money no more to this establishment

Thank you for your review and your numerous stays. We regret that this stay did not live up to your expectations. All mattresses are being replaced in the coming months.

×