Jano's Backpackers

• 69 Shuncheng Nanlu Dongduan, South Gate East Side Inside the City Wall, Xi'an, China

7.6
Very Good 168 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 168 Total Reviews

• jezmoulton137
  • England, Male, 18-24
13th Aug 2018

staff were incredibly friendly and helpful going the extra mile! great chilled out atmosphere and the attached bar has fantastic beer

• mirandapayne3791
  • England, Couple, 41+
11th Aug 2018

Good hostel made excellent by the location and the very friendly staff.

• mlohmann3700
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
11th Aug 2018

This hostel is great for party people since it is directly in the streets best pub street. The beers there are hella expensive for China though.

• noracastagna7106
  • Italy, Female, 25-30
2nd Aug 2018
4.3

The rooms are located underground. No windows so no fresh air just lot of incense to hide the bad smell coming from the toilets. The hostel is pretty dirty. Dogs and cats are allowed to stay in the building and to sleep within the rooms. Toilets are super dirty and super ugly: showers are full of mushrooms on the plastic curtains and it is impossible to close the doors of the wc.

6th Jul 2018
3.7

I have lived in China for a year and I have travelled to many places and I have stayed in Chinese standards of hostels but this was a new low. The basement rooms have no air circulation, I felt as if I was sleeping in a room of mold. The air was really heavy and it was hard to breathe. I can`t believe that this place has such a high review. It is a good location but that is all. It is really greasy.

• sarahcleary38777
  • England, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2018
7.7

I loved the hostel and the staff were great. Perfect Location. However I felt that my bed was really damp and I couldn’t sleep properly. I would definitely stay again.

15th Jun 2018

Very affordable place in an incredible location. Perfect for eating cheap local foods around the corner and also surrounded by many nice bars. Staff was quite helpful, especially the man who works nights with the glasses, he was very friendly and welcoming!

• nadhirah
  • Singapore, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jun 2018

Since we planned to explore Xi'an inside the wall (other than the Terracotta Army), the location of Jano's was perfect for us. The staff that greeted us were very friendly and even helped us with transportation routes. Female and male toilets and shower rooms were separate, which is a major plus. Also the dog that stays there is an absolute sweetheart!

• hannah-mcgee
  • England, Female, 18-24
31st May 2018
7.7

Lovely hostel right beside the south gate! Super easy to get to from Xi'an railway station simply cross the road and you'll find the bus stop for 603 which drops you of right beside the south gate... You'll see a couple 7 eleven type stores then take the lane that runs directly beside the wall and you will see the signs for the hostel. Staff were amazing helped me and my sister with directions and even translated to Chinese for us so we wouldn't get lost.. And they have a dog!

• celinehautefaye5098
  • France, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
23rd May 2018
6.9

Cheap hostel!! I think good for a short stay if you want to save some money but no atmosphere and the facilities are ok but really basic!! The staff is nice!!

×