John Galt

• mohamedelkateb
  • Egypt, Male, 25-30
21st Sep 2018
3.7

One of the worst hostels experience ever 1. impolite behavior and attitude from the worker asked un expected questions. 2. nightclub below the hostel, open till 4:00 am so you won't sleep. 3. wrong info and descriptions they didn't help. 4. not clean at all, linens and beds smells like hell 5. not organized and someone took my bed when we were out 6. no locker and safety to be honest, the hostel has a good location and this is the only good point in it. but everything else is very bad.

4th Sep 2018
3.4

On arrival when I was told that the hostel didn't have any maps of the city, I asked if it was far to the tourist information office, and the receptionist bluntly replied "Google it". On my second night, during the afternoon three guys checked in who were unable to stand up they were so inebriated. They then came back at 4am, waking up the entire dorm, and became abusive when advised to be quiet. Location not a USP, all the other hostels near the centre are also very close to the bus station.

• msedlak
  • Czech Republic, Male, 41+
2nd Sep 2018
5.1

Not a hostel, rather former Office with beds...

26th Aug 2018
7.7

I cannot express a complete review because I was not actually staying there because I was invited to a friend's house later. I just saw the entrance and my room. I think it can be good for a short stay. Not very sure about the atmosphere. Perhaps the room looked a bit claustrophobic, but the location is good, very close to the centre and there were not noisy construction sites around as far as I noticed. Those were the main reasons why I chose this hostel.

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2018
4.9

The only reason for choosing is location. But the worse has too much. No locker,one of the burner broke. No one fix. No bell for customer need to knock the door. Sometime,no reception attend.the reception keeps watching drama whole day. The front door hard to open.once I tried to open the door after tried few times, reception seems pissed off. The common room lacks of air. Reception seems not willing to help. But, I think cleanliness improved at least I saw sb was cleaning in morning. No worth

• weronikar35994
  • Poland, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2018
6.0

I would not recommend this hostel to a solo female traveller- when I stayed all guests and staff were men which made me feel uncomfortable especially as they were not friendly. Location was also scary to walk to at night. Very basic facilities- slept with my bags as there were no lockers and there was a small swimming pool sized puddle in the shower room. Was also very noisy from the outside all night. Otherwise, proximity to town centre/coach station/supermarket was good.

• chrisewinter2370
  • England, Male, 18-24
16th Jul 2018

John Galt is a lovely quiet hostel. Very small and not many people in there but the location is unbeatable. It is so close to the train station and the rest of the city of Brno. Very very clean and well maintained. The staff are a bit quite but definitely helpful. This is NOT a party hostel by any means. More of a relaxing place to stay. The facilities are good. Would really recommend to older travellers and families or younger people looking for a rest from the high octane holiday.

• England, Male, 31-40
30th Jun 2018

Very clean hostel, good facilities and decent beds. The atmosphere was a little lacking but I think that was just due to the guests that were there at the time, staff were friendly.

17th Jun 2018
6.6

Basic hostel with only the things a traveler needs. The staff were unwelcoming and behaved a little haphazardly, forgetting to even give me keys. There wasn’t much of an atmosphere, just a place to sleep. Not terrible, not amazing, not my favorite.

• icemandalton5561