Jolly Swagman Backpackers

Fabulous 985 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2018
8.0

We only stayed 2 nights and were really busy so didn’t spend much time at the hostel but the time we were there was fine. Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was quite far away from the room and could do with a little tlc. It was great for what we needed.

• pugachovalex7169
  • Ukraine, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2018

Stayed there for 3 nights, they gave me a free upgrade from 6 bund bed room to 3 bund bed. Showers, toilets and kitchen were very clean. Kitchen is equipped with everything you need to cook! Every evening some activities happening from hostel, free bbq, karaoke, cooking dinner etc, Although I did not participate really but it is great. Nice lounge area with puff chair. 24h reception, free airport pick up!!! (considering train costs $15 from airport, it is very great). Recommended to backpackers!

• archmks8711
  • Philippines, Male, 31-40
26th Jul 2018

Reasonable rates for clean and well kept premises. Free pickup from the airport and free breakfast everyday. Also there are nights out with the jolly swagman family. Will come back the next time I visit Sydney.

• pvaelli6451
  • USA, Male, 25-30
11th Jul 2018

I really enjoyed my stay, the 2 dudes at the front desk were awesome and super friendly, the facilities were great for the cost. When I return, I'll stay at this same hostel

• irisyien
  • Malaysia, Female, 25-30
9th Jul 2018

I really loved it! Everyone was friendly and respected each other's personal space. The facilities were enough for me to have a pleasant stay. Overall just really enjoyed staying there!

30th Jun 2018
8.0

The staff was the best thing about this hostel.I appreciated the kind words and encouragement as I checked out.The restrooms were clean,hot showers,free hair dryer,but the dorms could use a little more TLC.I was told by another traveler that the room was vacuumed,but there was still dirt and hair on the floor afterwards.Perhaps looking into a better vacuum would do a better job, beds were tolerable.The atmosphere was great,it was easy to make friends and socialize. Great city with great people.

• England, Female, 31-40
29th Jun 2018
5.4

The only two good things about this hostel were the friendly staff namely Sammie G and the location. This was probably one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in. Rats outside, an international crowd high on drugs and the cleanliness of the place vey questionable. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It sucked so bad, I went and stayed at a friends for 2 nights. Neve again will I return.

31st May 2018
7.4

The toilet is clean, stuff is very nice, kitchen is alright. but in the room is not so good, and don’t know why, it happens to some hostels,the sheets of blanket they give is only just one layer, which means your skin is very dangerous to touch the blanket, because everyone use the same blanket. What if someone get infection?

• racheldke3309
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
23rd May 2018

I loved my time at Jolly Swagman Backpackers, I can't wait to go back to Sydney and I will definitely be staying with them again. I loved the location, within walking distance to city centre, transportation, and had a shuttle to the airport. The night life was great, not necessarily the quietest area but lots of late night food options and I felt safe. The staff were so fun, friendly, and helpful. The whole place had a very welcoming atmosphere.

20th May 2018

Very friendly hostel. Clean. Nice staff. Having a fridge not in the kitchen was a bit annoying. A whole floor had no water for a day. And there's just not enough toilets. Overall it was a good stay though. I'd stay again.

×