Kick Ass Hostels

Fabulous 4683 Total Reviews

• lorrigibson3061
  • England, Female, 41+
21st May 2018

A good, clean and cheap place to stay in the heart of the city. Highly recommend

Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you found our hostel value for money and clean! We are looking to provide each of our guests with the best possible experience during their stay with us and its great to hear our staff's hard work is paying off to our guests. Have a great day, KA Manager.

20th May 2018

This is a great hostel! Located in a perfect place, clean, and very comfortable. It's a bit expensive, but I think it's worth the price.

• Chriscelle
  • Ireland, Female, 31-40
20th May 2018

I was comfortable During my stay and the noise outside didn’t bother me anyway. Elevator not working so going up & down the room was a struggle with my luggage and after a tiring day.

We are so glad to hear that you found our hostel comfortable and rated us so highly on security, we want to provide the best possible hostel experience for each of our guests. Our lift has since been fixed and is up and running but apologies about it not being in use during your stay. Being in such a central location there can sometimes be some outside noise when the windows are left open during the night, but we are glad to hear you were not disturbed by any outside noise. Cheers, KA Manager.

• jblake292760
  • New Zealand, Male, 18-24
20th May 2018

Great location for exploring Edinburgh’s old town (castle, monuments etc) but it is a 7min walk up and over a hill from city centre. Bar downstairs was a bit disappointing. They advertised karaoke but there was nobody there (granted it was a Sunday night). Spacious kitchen for self catering and staff seemed friendly. Heaps of food and drink options nearby

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel and we are glad that you thought our hostel was a great location and the staff seemed friendly. The karaoke can be difficult to run at times if we do not have volunteers to contribute but we will continue to do what we can to improve our daily events. We hope that you enjoy the rest of your travels onward from us. Thanks again, KA Manager.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
18th May 2018

Loved this hostel! We stayed in a 6 bed dorm room and it was huge! Lots of space for everyone to comfortably get ready and move around at the same time. Amazing location, in Grassmarket right underneath Edinburgh castle! The staff were great, there were good cheap food options and we also loved the free walking tour! Will definitely stay here again if ever in Edinburgh.

Thanks for your amazing review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and you thought our staff were great. As lovers of travelling ourselves we know how important it is to have access to affordable food when you are on the go, so we always try to provide high quality meals for good prices. You will be very welcome to come back and stay with us anytime! Enjoy the rest of your trip onward from us! KA Manager.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
16th May 2018

My favorite hostel for sure! I've stayed here 4 times and I am always impressed! The only issue I had was not being able to check out late or check into my new room early. I got a call one morning about a family emergency and I had to fly home to Canada. I was forced to check out and wasn't even able to figure out my life. It was a difficult time for me and not having check out flexibility was a major inconvenience at the time. I still continue to stay here though because I love it so much :)

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th May 2018

Great location but the windows have horrible insulation, making it very loud. Clean facilities, good staff.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel. We are so glad you loved our location and our staff! We wish you safe travels on your journey onward from us, and hope that you come and stay with us again sometime soon. Cheers, KA Manager.

14th May 2018

Such a great experience! Only there one night but the rooms are so big and open and the location is absolutely ideal.

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time staying with us at the hostel and we have to agree that our location is perfect for being close to everything you want to see in the city centre. Safe travels and I hope you come back to stay with us again soon! KA Manager.

• kmjohnso727
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th May 2018

Good value for you’re money. The beds are so big and you can sit up in the bottom bunks. Pretty great all around with the bathrooms and cleanliness.

Thanks for your review! We are so glad you found the bunk beds spacious as our aim is to provide the best possible dorm experience! We hope you will come back and stay with us again some time soon! Thanks. KA Managers.

11th May 2018

I loved this place! I met so many cool and interesting people. The staff were awesome and answered all my questions about living abroad and finding a job / housing. Great location right next to the Edinburgh castle and across from many bars and restaurants. I was in a 4 person mixed dorm and really liked my room. Big windows allowed really nice natural light to come in. The facilities were clean. This is definitely a 24/7 hostel. People are up at all hours of the night. Cheap drinks at the bar.

Thanks for your amazing review! We are so glad that you found our staff helpful, many of our staff are new to the city themselves to know exactly how to help others come and settle in Edinburgh. Cleanliness is one of the most important aspects of the hostel so we are so pleased to hear you found our facilities clean. We enjoy having a 24 hour reception so we can assist anyone at any hour who needs advice or help from our staff, our communal spaces have been designed to be separate from the dorms to avoid any disruptions during the night. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and come back to visit again some time soon! Thanks again, KA Manager.

×