Kick Ass Hostels

Superb 5180 Total Reviews
Superb 5180 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Sep 2018

Great hostel in a fantastic location. The on-site bar/cafe is a massive plus as it's a great place to meet fellow travellers over a cheap drink etc. I had a superior (pod) dorm of 8 - the pods are GREAT and give a sense of privacy. My only issue was with the cleanliness (mostly the smell) - the 3rd floor toilets had a very strong and persistent smell of urine, despite the windows being left open and being cleaned daily. The kitchen area also had a strong and unpleasant smell.

• mtbayles1904
  • USA, Male, 31-40
6.3

Terrible service. People at the desk and bar habitually ignore paying customers. Every interaction made me feel as though I was intruding on a conversation or inconveniencing someone. They also begin a grandiose cleaning rituals in the early morning with little to no regard for the fact that most guests are (obviously!) still sleeping. I'm not talking about making noise while cleaning, either. It's just employees shouting up and down the halls at 6:00am. Book elsewhere.

13th Sep 2018

I am a solo traveler, and this was a great hostel! Located right under Edinbrugh Castle, it's close to all the cool.places you want to visit. The Cafe is super convenient, and cheap! I highly recommend this place! I felt safe, and the staff were super helpful!

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay and you are right about the location, we are indeed only a short walk away from the essentials of Edinburgh and we love our castle view too. Our staff work hard to provide the best experience possible and we appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you back sometime in the future! KA Manager

• georgeliddle17106
  • England, Male, 41+
13th Sep 2018

Very nice, quiet and comfortable stay in lovely location

So happy to see you had such an amazing stay with us, we know we are very lucky to be located where we are. Hope to see you back sometime in the future! KA Manager

• breakawaybackpacker8887
  • USA, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
12th Sep 2018

Perfect hostel, in a great location. I loved loved loved the POD in the 20+ bed dorm. I was skeptical at first, but it's perfect. It's like I had my own tiny room. I could just hide out after a long day of walking all over the city. My only concern was I did think £2 to rent a towel is excessive.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th Sep 2018

Great place to stay in the center of Edinburgh - super convenient and central, toilets smelled a bit but otherwise perfectly good place.

Thank you for your feedback, we are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us and liked the location of the hostel. We are sorry the toilets smelled, they are cleaned throughout the day and fitted with air fresheners. Thank you for your feedback. KA Manager.

• rachel_mcgeer8524
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2018

Great location, super central and easy to find! Security was good and the staff was very helpful, bar service was always good! Atmosphere was alright, however the hostel bar was never very busy, even over the weekend, but the hostel was close to lots of bars and clubs so it wasn’t too much of an issue! Overall great stay, would absolutely come back!

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at Kick Ass Hostels. We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the hostel and felt the staff were helpful. Our bar can get busy however it does depend on who is staying with us, we run daily events to encourage anyone looking for a fun night to come and join in the fun! Thanks for your feedback, KA Manager.

• bine81212909
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
6th Sep 2018

Never stayed so comfortable in a 22 person bedroom! The staff is absolutely gorgeous and friendly!

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay at Kick-Ass Hostels. We are so glad that you felt so comfortable while staying in our brand new pod dorms! They have been designed with extra space and comfort in mind. Thanks again, KA Manager.

• Slovenia, Female, 18-24
5th Sep 2018

I was sadly there for only 2 nights.. The hostel is really great! Perfect location, nice rooms, it's really safe, the food in the café is great and doesn't cost too much & the staff is really nice too. Next time I come to Edinburgh I'm for sure staying there again! :-)

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and like the cafe and found it great value for money. Don't be sad, you will just have to come back and stay again soon!! We look forward to seeing you next time! KA Manager.

• charliegaston5464950
  • England, Male, 18-24
5th Sep 2018

Great hostel, really good location and facilities, perfect place to stay to see Edinburgh

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so pleased that you felt we were the perfect place to see Edinburgh, we happen to agree although we may be slightly biased! We hope you visit us again soon! KA Manager.

×