Kiez Hostel Berlin

Fabulous 596 Total Reviews

• Finland, Male, 18-24
30th Sep 2018
7.7

Okayish hostel, very close to a S-bahn stop, supermarket is about 400m away. Beds were nice, rooms had enough space, no lockers for whole backbags though. Not all of the staff spoke english, they still were really nice to all visitors by greeting in deutsch, trying to communicate etc. Kitchen was little bit on the smaller side, had everything you can need still! Shared bathroom's showers need some work though, no where to hang your towel etc.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2018

The hostel is located in a more residential area, which I don't mind, but only 5 minutes from an S-bahn station. My room was clean and spacious, and the girls' bathroom was always clean. The complimentary toiletries and hairdryers were a great touch! Contrary to the website, there is a small kitchen available which was useful. Lockers are on the small side compared to other hostels I've stayed in (it was a squeeze to fit my 40l backpack in), but for a few days wasn't the end of the world.

Thank you and we do not "promote" our small kitchen, because we get as well comments why is so small.....better like for you - small nice suprise :-) Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
26th Aug 2018
8.0

This hostel was good find, colourful and cosy, loved the female bathroom, was a great touch. The guy who checked me in was full of advice for dinner and the best Kebabs nearby, the hostel is fairly well located for food, metro and two supermarkets close by. Only down sides was going through/unlocking three different doors to get to your room. Also the room smelled terrible - like smokers/guys locker room, I asked staff for freshener and she said no - open the window (which was already open).

Thank you for your comment. We apologize about the smelly room and answer of our staff, not the right way. Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

21st Aug 2018

Very good hostel with good location and friendly staff! Quiet room with good beds and ventilations, so sleeping was very good. Helped me arrange car parking for free. Breakfast is not served but kitchen was ok to prepare itself. I think linen and towel (3 EUR) should be included in the price which is a bit of minus. Highly recommended though! Cheers.

Thank you very much! Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• cresseyw2458
  • Australia, Female, 41+
18th Aug 2018
7.4

The hostel was clean, friendly and well located however security was an issue. The room’s windows opened directly onto the street and some residents left windows open when they were absent from the room / hostel as well as failing to lock the door which meant anyone in the hostel could wander in and out. Lockers were too small to hold even little backpacks or suitcases.

Thank you, everywhere is written not to leave open the window-this is one point up to the guest and roommaid! The same for the doors, written as well on each door, thats why everybody get one key - we are really soory, but it is not possible to make up everything on us! The top windowas are always open during summertime and there is no problem. Thanky again and we will keep one eye on this! Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• Netherlands, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Aug 2018

We had a lovely stay! The private room with the hammock was very good value for the money :)

Oh, we love the hammock, just unfortunately never time to enjoy it, as we love to rent this room ;-). Thank you Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• mariannamullings9137
  • England, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2018

Perfect location next to the best techno clubs in berlin. 5 min walk to berghein. Lost my money and wallet and staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Definitely would recommend :)

Perfect, thank you! Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• brianlbloom6231
  • USA, Male, 41+
4th Aug 2018

Great little hostel in a fun and convenient part of Berlin. Very little to find fault with other than the front desk only has limited hours. If you're a night owl or arrive outside of midday through evening, you may not find anyone at reception. They do live in the building and can respond if there's an issue, but late at night it's empty. But if you're a normal day/evening person, they are awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Super friendly staff.

Thank you very much and is right we that you can reach us during night per phone and we will be in 1-2 minutes with you. For late arrivals we sent information before. All the best! Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• avaneyl1588
  • USA, Female, 18-24
1st Aug 2018

Great! It was charming, cute and in the perfect location for nightlife, thrifting and record shops. Food is incredible. If you are interested in going to Berghain and the coolest part of town, stay here! Everything was clean and free coffee available in reception. My only complaint was I received a notice on my bed one morning saying I had a 5euro charge because I made my bed wrong - I wasn't charged but their way of cleaning the linens seemed concerning - I just slept without for it was hot.

Hello, thanks for your comment and please understand our part as well, if our guest do not make their beds, what means, not covering their pillows, mattress etc. we have higher cost as we have to wash everything and as well for hygienic reasons no one would like to sleep in one bed what is not fresh, thank you for understanding. Warm regards Kiez Hostel Berlin Team

• USA, Female, 41+
29th Jul 2018

The best hostel of my trip: near a train station; friendly and knowledgeable staff; clean, really clean and beautifully appointed. The girls bathroom is beautiful with art and new fixtures. They provide girls’ consumable products and a hair dryer. There’s a clothes washer and dryer and iron. Their systems of signage are clear and creative. Free tea and a vending machine with beer. I’d go back in a flash.

We are waiting for you! Thanks a lot! Kiez Hostel Berlin Team