La Controra Hostel Rome

Superb 2216 Total Reviews
Superb 2216 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Nov 2017

My husband and I stayed at LA Controra for 4 nights. Marco, the host was very welcoming and helpful. Our room was clean and breakfast was included in the bill. The location was optimal. We were able to walk to almost all important sites.

• Malaysia, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Oct 2017

I stay there with a friend for 4 nights. Great location. Friendly host. Very clean and nice room but a bit too expensive to me. Breakfast so-so which I don't expect much as it is Rome, what do you expect! (I had better in Bologna). It's on the quiet street but if you leave your window open, it will be very noisy. I had to sleep with window closed at night. I don't mind to stay here again if I ever come back to Rome.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
1st Oct 2017

Excellent Ghuest House, really clean in the most safe neighborhood of Rome. (next to the USA embassy) I would like the quality of the staff, really friendly and helpful on giving tips to the visits. The brekfast wasn't extraordinary but I can't neder call it bad.

14th Sep 2017

A lovely hostel. Not your typical hostel - there were only 4 rooms. The place was very clean - our room was modern & cleaned every day. The staff left all the ingredients for continental breakfast every morning that you could have whenever you liked. The place only had staff for a few hours a day, but they were friendly & helpful and available on their phones the rest of the time. The location was fine - 15 mins walk to Trevi Fountain. and 5 mins walk to a couple of decent restaurants.

7th Sep 2017

Great place, location...not traditional hostel more like apartment.

• England, Female, 41+
23rd Aug 2017

Fabulous apartment. Boutique. Great location. Spotless. Marco was friendly, accommodating and very helpful. If you're looking for the typical sociable, studenty hostel, this isn't for you. It's quiet, private and a real haven from the heat and noise of the city. We loved our stay here and would highly recommend it. We had a room with 2 bunks and a double. It was myself, my 2 teenage sons and myself. Everything was beautifully presented and spotlessly clean... definitely a 10 out of 10, thank you

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
23rd Aug 2017

Incredibly nice place. Excellent location, walking distance from Roma Termini and Piazza della Reppublica. Excellent common areas, everything was very beautiful, modern and new. They had AC in all rooms, which is a big diferencial while staying in Rome during summer. Also, amazing staff, very helpful and flexible. Really loved our days there!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2017

My stay was amazing! Not hostel like at all. The host was amongst the best I've ever had, same goes for the facilities. The only downfall is meeting new people, it's not really good for that at all. Otherwise it's amazing!

16th Aug 2017

The location is good but isn't central to a room of sites. Other than that everything was amazing. Worth the stay!

28th Jul 2017

Great stay!!! Everyone was super nice, great recommendations and maps, room was gorgeous, wonderful neighborhood, great breakfasts. Felt like a boutique bed & breakfast, rather than a hostel.

×