La Controra Hostel Rome

Superb 2220 Total Reviews

• hoopervictoria5790
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
8th Mar 2018

This hostel was great! Much more like a bed and breakfast. Everything was cozy. We had a private room and it had a private bathroom, no issues. Breakfast provided each morning. Marco was great and offered a lot of good suggestions of stuff to do in Rome.

• olikuhn5557983
  • Uruguay, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2018

I’ve been in this Hostel from the 23 until 27 of March and it was a very confortable place very quiet and calm. There was no other people. But that was perfect for me. The Staff is only half of the time from the morning to the Afternoon.. they are really well! I loved this place!

19th Jan 2018

Very clean, good host, comes with breakfast and a kitchen stocked with almost anything you need. The host is really friendly and helpful (not there 24/7 but is available by phone/email if you need him). Not super centrally located or anything (you have to walk a bit to get to the Colosseum and the Vatican), but it is near a metro stop, or if you don't mind hoofing it, it's not so bad. It's in a quieter area, but if you open the window, it's noisy as hell for some reason - not a dealbreaker tho.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Nov 2017

My husband and I stayed at LA Controra for 4 nights. Marco, the host was very welcoming and helpful. Our room was clean and breakfast was included in the bill. The location was optimal. We were able to walk to almost all important sites.

• Malaysia, All Female Group, 25-30
21st Oct 2017

I stay there with a friend for 4 nights. Great location. Friendly host. Very clean and nice room but a bit too expensive to me. Breakfast so-so which I don't expect much as it is Rome, what do you expect! (I had better in Bologna). It's on the quiet street but if you leave your window open, it will be very noisy. I had to sleep with window closed at night. I don't mind to stay here again if I ever come back to Rome.

×