La Hamaca Hostel

Superb 91 Total Reviews

• mi_jones92
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
16th Oct 2018

Danny, Sergio (boss) & Sergio (chef) were all amazing. Best hostel I’ve been too

Thank you for your amazing review, we are happy that you've enjoyed yourself here. Our main focus is to bring the best out of us. Hope to see you again. Happy travels.

11th Oct 2018

La Hamaca was a perfect hostel in almost every way. Sergio was friendly, gracious, and helpful from the first email and throughout our stay. The space was clean and happening at night. The food was delicious, and the free coffee/pancakes a great touch! We definitely will be making our way back before our trip is over. Thanks for a great first night in Honduras!!!

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy that you've enjoyed your stay, we work hard to make the best experience in your way. Happy travels.

• jhansfranzpeterheinrich
  • Germany, Male, 31-40
4th Oct 2018

Very good place to stay a night in SPS. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

29th Sep 2018
7.7

The deluxe 8bd has (noisy) A/C and the 4bd is a fan (wasn’t clear when I booked). Basic breakfast and coffee included which is good but be aware two Saturdays a month they have live shows until 11PM meaning the kitchen is off limits and the bathrooms become shared with all - and it’s loud. However I enjoyed my stay even if for me a little far from the city, but route 2 Primevera minivan easily connects for 10LP. It is in a very good neighbourhood tho, I just like to be close to the city.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
12th Sep 2018

Hostel La Hamaca in SPS, is a truly great hostel and the manager, Sergio, is a total legend. It is in a super safe and pretty neighbourhood and only 5-10 minutes from the main bus terminal of the city. It is super safe because it has a high wall and a speaker/camera/intercom door system. The place is really clean and pretty inside, with lots of cool designs and decorations with lots of outdoor space and a cool bar area with pool table. The staff are all lovely, especially the manager, Sergio

• michellevancomp
  • USA, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2018

Got in after midnight and they picked me up and got me back to the hostel quickly. The next morning I needed to take the 10 am bus to La Ceiba - I had had issues booking the bus ticket online so they took care of it for me and drove me to the bus station. They even called ahead to the dive shop I was staying at on Utila to make sure someone would be waiting for me when I arrived that evening!

• USA, Couple, 31-40
31st Aug 2018

My partner and I had an amazing time. Sergio was a phenomenal host and very accommodating, even with our 2am arrival. His staff was friendly, the pancakes were awesome and his suggestions for “things to do” aligned with what we intended to venture to and see while in Honduras. We will travel to Honduras again and will choose La Hamaca as our place to be.

Hi, We were very happy to have you in our hostel, thank you for sharing time with us, and we are pleased that we did a good job for you and your girl, we enjoyed when a guest is having a great time by knowing our country and it's beauty. You are more than welcome anytime. Happy travels.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
20th Aug 2018

La hamaca hostel was great. I met some lovely people there that drove me to the Guatemalan border the following day! The bar area is a great area to meet people and attempt the free t-shirt challenge.! My sleeping arrangements were very comfortable and I had a great night sleep. I would stay here again.

Hey, thank you for your feedback, we enjoyed having you here and turning the party on, even on a monday. La Hamaca is always surrounded by really nice Locals as well and they project what our city is. Charming. Hope to see you again. Happy travels.

• charliecooper945194
  • England, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2018

Nice hostel. Nice food at restaurant. Nice bar. Friendly staff. Weird area.

• England, Female, 25-30
17th Aug 2018

Great location and super secure. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Lots of space to socialise and the bar has a nice buzz to it on the weekend so you don’t need to think about going out.

Thank you! We are glad that you had a good time, we provide all the services posibles to make your stay one of a kind (in a very positive way) We enjoy what we do. Hope to see you again. Happy travels.

×