9.2

• alexscollen1910
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
9th Jul 2018
6.9

Basic accommodation in an old Brownstone. 5min walk to the station and about 15min train ride to Midtown. House a little run down but accommodation good value for money.

• England, Male, 25-30
30th Jun 2018

Great location and value for money. Subway in a short walking distance and a short ride to all of the bucket list sites. The host was more than accommodating and very helpful , would highly recommend.

22nd Jun 2018

Yvette is more than a host. She is a storyteller, a Harlem historical resource, and a genuine New Yorker of Puerto Rican heritage. She is a welcome change from the bland hostel clerk who is just earning an hourly. Her home and block are beautiful and her neighbors are very friendly. Harlem is ten times more what the media portrays.

• nlambrossmith8188
  • USA, Male, 25-30
16th Jun 2018

We had a wonderful time staying at La Sienna. Yvette was so welcoming and fun to chat with; she gave us a great list of local places to eat, and a good rundown of how to get around on the MTA. The building is a beautiful Victorian Brownstone in a great location, with spacious rooms that get a lot of natural light. Yvette has done a good job of making little touches here and there that make it very home-like -- we loved the tea selection in the kitchen! We'll definitely be staying there again.

• USA, Female, 41+
14th Jun 2018

Just minutes and an easy drive from the Washington bridge, clean room w a fan and air conditioner. We had own tiny refrigerator and a cabinet in a shared kitchen down the hall. We felt safe walking in the neighborhood at night and liked the area. We never had to wait to use the shared bathroom and felt like we had the whole floor to ourselves since there were only three other rooms on the floor. The manager was so helpful and offered great suggestions and orientation. Close to subway.

• bertavau8844
  • Belgium, Male, 25-30
10th Jun 2018
7.7

Value for money! Warm welcome and a convenient location, very close to express subway line downtown.

• Sweden, Male, 25-30
5th May 2018

Calm and quiet atmosphere. Checked in with short notice. Kitchen, showers, bathroom, bedroom everything worked fantastic. WiFi was a little iffy but I'm sure the owner would've fixed it if I wasn't too lazy to ask. Strongly recommended for other peaceful travellers looking for an oasis in NYC.

I want to thank everyone who has chosen to stay at La Sienna. I encourage you to let me know how you feel so I can work on making you more comfortable. I love my job and enjoy meeting people from all over the world. Regarding the WifI I do have the strongest resolution but I do have tin ceilings so I will figure out a better solution.

• ellebulger2316
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2018

Great, affordable option when staying in new york. Beautiful building, lovely hostess and accessible to the subway that gets you downtown in 15 minutes. I did notice, however, that the Wifi went in and out. As well, the shower temperature would often go from too hot to too cold and with so many people sharing facilities, I had to wait to use the shower in the morning.

This is the first time I have heard this but that is something I can work on. I will contact her personally to find out a little but more.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Apr 2018

I felt safe, it was very comfortable and clean. It made me feel right at home in Harlem. Easy walk to Wholefoods, trains and buses.

13th Apr 2018

My stay at La Sienna was perfect. It is located about a 5 minute walk to the express underground to dt and is very comfortable. The owner is fantastic and makes your stay worry free and treats you great! Defiantly a great find in the heart of NYC

×