Lazy Duck Backpackers

• dnewton069877
  • England, Male, 25-30
27th Oct 2017
2.9

Never left a bad review before but this place deserves it. The staff were impolite, unwelcoming and unhelpful. The whole place was a complete mess. The toilets smelt better than the bedrooms. I had to go hunting for toilet paper. There was an ominous feeling that you might get robbed or stabbed. Most of the people staying were friendly enough but the dorm door didn't shut properly and the handle came off. There was no security preventing people who don't stay there coming onto the property.

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Oct 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the lazy duck. Great atmosphere, location and place to meet people and explore the area. Sure you might not always get a hot shower, or fridge space, and there are no lockers.... but the Thursday night BBQ is amazing - $2 for food, Woolshed entry, goon and beer! The 10 bed female dorm was cramped and sweaty (no air conditioning) but I met several amazing people there and we ended up renting a car together and going on the most beautiful 2 day roadtrip to Cape Trib.

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
6th Oct 2017
5.1

Genuinely the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. However staff were good when I complained.

• Australia, Female, 41+
29th Sep 2017
4.0

I found this place unfriendly, never clean,dishes always in sink . Staff didn't show me around the venue like I thought they would, the vibe just wasn't nice, I left early and checked into a friendly backpackers that I'd been to previously. I chose this one due to location though found once I changed venue I was more content and happy

23rd Sep 2017
4.3

Don't stay here! This hostel was terrible. There were 10 girls in one small room with NO air conditioning. I here is also 1 toilet & shower for the room, no other bathrooms in the hostel besides 1 toilet & shower in the kitchen. There is only 4 burners in the kitchen for the whole hostel and 2 don't work. I waited an hour just to cook my food. No one does their dishes so the kitchen is a mess. There was garbage everywhere and broken glass outside our room, my roommate stepped on it in bare feet.

21st Sep 2017
4.9

This place really has a lot to learn! No toilet paper at the entire facility when we arrived. Beds not ready to be checked into at 10 pm at night!! Management that doesnt seem to care about taking care for facilities. Will not recomment staying here to anyone.

×