Lemon Spirit Hostel

Superb 2410 Total Reviews

• adamgpederson4572
  • USA, Male, 25-30
9th Jun 2018

The bartender there was the best I've had in a hostel in over a dozen countries.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2018

Had the best few days at Lemon Spirit. The staff (Ty, Rebecca, Camilla) were amazing and made me feel so welcome. I made lots of new friends that I went out and about with and the hostel signposted to different events every night. The location is perfect and I am very glad I stayed here.

3rd Jun 2018

Loved everything about this hostel - from the location, to the staff, to the value, to the facilities. It's a 6 minute walk from a metro station, 1 block away from the beach, in a safef and clean neighborhood next to bars and restaurants. Super friendly and awesome staff (and other guests!). Plenty of showers, bathrooms, common areas, etc.

• oliviacmoore4964
  • England, Female, 18-24
25th May 2018
8.0

Great location one block back from Leblon beach. Dorms were small but clean. Not a very good atmosphere for a solo traveller.

• cloverk
  • England, Couple, 25-30
24th May 2018
7.1

Our stay here was pleasant but there is room for improvement. A few things to help Hooks on the doors in bathrooms to hang towels and clothes Shelf in the shower to put your soap on More lights for outside, just some fairy lights to give more light as it is really dark but also create more of an atmosphere This is also the first hostel I’ve stayed in where you are not allowed to take your own alcoholic drinks. I think there are better hostels in Rio for the cost that include breakfast.

Thanks for the review, I partially agree with the review and good thing is that some of this issues are already being solved.I will divide each case in topics to make it easy, 1. Bathrooms - We actually have hooks inside of them, they are at the doors, about the shelfs, the problem is that we never found a material resistant enough for the usage, so that's one thing that I agree with you and we want to change it, we just need to find a good solutions. 2. The outside area - this one is already on course, next week we will pass through a small makeover to improve our common area. 3.Rules - Every hostel have their own rules, but most hostels in Brasil don't allow people to bring outside alchoolics bevarege to the hostel. The reason that we don't allow it is because people wouldn't stop to drink in the common areas and the noise would annoy other guests and neighbors and since we are in a residential area and by Brazillian law we need to make silence during the night we prefer to avoid legal problems. 4. Better hostels? We are the best one for sure :P, jokes apart, if you find a six bed dorm (our cheapest dorm) that can have two different reasons, or their localization is not as good as ours (Leblon is considered the best and safest neighborhood of Rio) or they are cutting other costs, like employees, we prefer to have paid and professional employees.

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
24th May 2018

One block away from the beach, two blocks away from the metro, 50m away from several restaurants and cafés, wonderful and knowledgable staff, just simply greatttt!!!

Hi, Thanks for the amazing review. We are happy that you liked and hope that you'll be back here in the future :)

• capat54447
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
12th May 2018

They charge for use of a blanket which is a bit ridiculous. Otherwise good.

Hi, Thanks for the review. We offer bed shits for free, the extra blanket costs R$30,00 and we give back R$20,00 when the blanked is returned. So, in the end, it only costs R$10,00 for the washing of the blanket. Keep in mind that we are in a tropical country, therefore, a blanked is not a real necessity of a guess, less than 10% of the guests ask for them. The laundry charge us R$8,85 for the washing, if you think about the depreciation of the product the other R$1,15 of the washing is not even a profit. So what you might think to be ridiculous, for us is being financially responsible.I'm sorry for that but we need to charge of the banket, otherwise we wouldn't be able to even have the blankets.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th May 2018

Great place in a safe location. Staff are really friendly. Only downside is the kitchen is tiny

Hi, Thanks for the great review, I'm sorry that you thought that our kitchen wasn't big enough, but I think that we have enough space there for the guests to cook comfortably.

4th May 2018

Great stay at this hostel! The location for the beach was perfect, but not too much in regards to night life in the area (although I visited during off-season). The staff was very friendly and the facilities were kept clean. Definitely recommend staying here!

HI, Thanks for the great review. I agree with you about the night life and also the fact of the low season doesnt' help much but as I always say, Rio de Janeiro is not a party city, but we always have a few option. I saw that you only stayed with us on saturday, on this day we actually have to good options nearby, one is Barzin at Ipanema (we have discount voucher for the party there) and the other is Palaphita Gávea, here at leblon (but the best day to go there is on Thursdays)

30th Apr 2018

This hostel is great; you simply cannot beat the location (for proximity to the beach, metro, restaurants, etc.) and I thought the staff was friendly and helpful. Not only was it clean, but there were several things that aren't always a given in hostels that simply make things more convenient. I stayed in a six bed female room and there was an electrical outlet close to each bed. There were lots of hooks AND a drying rack available for hanging clothes, towels & wet swimsuits.

Hi, Thanks for the great review. We try our best to offer everything that we can to help out guests, and we are glad to know that the small details, like the hooks and the drying rack were able to improve your staying with us. :)

×