Lemon Spirit Hostel

Fabulous 2471 Total Reviews

• Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
16th Sep 2018
5.7

Not the best, not sure why it gets all the good reviews. No kitchen and communal area was just two uncomfortable beanbags. There was also noisy work going on in reception so couldn’t even sit on the beanbags. Room and bathrooms also not the cleanest. Location is okay but you can get better hostels, for cheaper, actually in Ipanema or Copacabana. Wouldn’t recommend.

Hi, Thanks for the review. I'm sorry that we weren't able to fulfill your expectations and I agree about the noisy work, but we are investing to improve the hostel. That's actually one of the things that make us receive a lot of good reviews, we are always trying to improve, but this time to do that we decided to renew all of the first floor to open a new bar for the hostel that will be also open for the locals. Another fact that make us receive so many good reviews is the preoccupation that we have with our guest, like the fact that I gave you girls one upgrade for the female dorm without any additional cost just because the room the you booked were full of men and I thought that would be more comfortable for you guys. But I totally understand your review, maybe we didn't have enough time to show you guys all of the reasons for our great reviews and prizes, its difficult to do that in just one day. I'm sorry that you didn't have the experience that you wanted here, but I'm sure that if you have the opportunity to come to Rio again and gives us the opportunity (when we finish the renovations) We'll change your your mind :)

• ivancasnov1997
  • Spain, Male, 18-24
13th Sep 2018

It was a great experience in Lemon Spirit Hotel. Good location, good value for money and really good location, pretty close from Ipanema beach in one of the safest neighborhoods in Rio. I really recomend it!!

Hi, Thanks for the great review. I'm glad that you liked, was great to have you here with us. We also recommend you as a guest to any hostel :). Ps: I don't really think that the other hostels will care to our recommendation, but at least will be funny if you show that to them. :)

• England, Male, 18-24
31st Aug 2018

Amazing! Would definitely come back here, the staff were amazing and the location is perfect. I really enjoyed my stay and ended up elongating my stay! Best hostel to which I have been - CR

Hi, Thanks for the amazing review. We hope you will, it's always great to have amazing guests like you here :). Hope to see you soon!!!!

• Luxembourg, Male, 18-24
21st Aug 2018

Perfect and safe location, awesome staff and amazing atmosphere! Planed to stay only for 2 nights but ended up in staying almost a week there:)

Hi, Thanks for the amazing review, hope to have you again with us soon. You just forgot to say that we also have the best guests!! :)

20th Aug 2018

Great Hostel in the safe Leblon neighborhood. This area is slightly overpriced and so I found myself changing hostels to find more local oriented restaurants with local prices. The staff were incredible and flexible even though the kitchen was closed off during my stay. The hostel is somewhat old and it shows especially the bathroom. Great atmosphere though with a lot of fun activities for guests. Books hostel in Lapa was much more fun and offered more local immersion with the middle class.

Hi, Thanks for the review. Leblon is the mos expensive neighborhood of Latin America, but you can still find restaurants and bars with good prices, for example the place that we recommend across the street, you can have a full meal between 5USD and 7USD and the food there is amazing. It's true that Lapa is cheaper but you can't compare the safety and structure of Leblon and Lapa. But I agree the Books is also one amazing hostel, we have different styles, we are a beach hostel with a bar that the guests can meet each other and have a few drink before they go out for the night life and books it's a party hostel. We are both great in our own way :)

• England, Male, 25-30
19th Aug 2018

I had an amazing 6 night stay at the Lemon Spirit hostel. The staff absolutely made the hostel what it was. It's only one block away from Ipanema beach which although less well known that Copacabana, is 10x better.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2018

Great atmosphere and good place to meet other travellers. However when I had to put the sheets on my bed I noticed my mattress was very stained. The place seems to be under construction at the moment, but it was well managed with no noise. Because of the construction there weren't many showers available, but I'm sure this was only temporary. The room was a bit cramped for six people, but again I'm sure once the construction is completed this will be remedied. Breakfast is not included.

Hi, Thanks for the review, we really appreciate the fact that ypu understood about the construction and we're really trying to make this makeover in the hostel without causing any disturbance that would annoy the guests.

• renataetirelli3794
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2018

It was really good!

HI, Thanks for the good review, hope to see you soon here :).

24th Jul 2018

This is a really social hostel, even though it’s not a party hostel which I find really good! The staff is amazing!!

Hi, Thanks for the great review, I think that you gave the perfect explanation about who we are, a really social hostel without being a party hostel. :)

• roxyglopez6166
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2018
6.0

Good location+Good hostel to meet people, we met great people!however extremely dirty.Bathroom bins were inappropriate for used toilet tissue.The tissue would get stuck in the holes in the lid and would be left there for days. Not only this but all the marked paper could be seen in the bin,again, this wasn't changed for days. In our room previous guests rubbish+belongings were left in a pile in the corner for days,We had to ask the cleaner to move these things.We ended up moving hostels

Hi, Usually I say thanks to all review, even to the critics because they help us to improve the hostel. In your case it's impossible to say that because the bathrooms and all the rooms are cleaned every day. The rooms for example are cleaned between the check-out time(11am) and check-in(1pm) even that sometimes the guests gets late for the check-out time just because they were chatting in the room(like you for example). So, when people are sharing a space, it's always important that everyone collaborates to keep the space clean, Best Regards, Gaspar

×