Lemon Spirit Hostel

Fabulous 2446 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2446 Total Reviews

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2018

Great atmosphere and good place to meet other travellers. However when I had to put the sheets on my bed I noticed my mattress was very stained. The place seems to be under construction at the moment, but it was well managed with no noise. Because of the construction there weren't many showers available, but I'm sure this was only temporary. The room was a bit cramped for six people, but again I'm sure once the construction is completed this will be remedied. Breakfast is not included.

• renataetirelli3794
  • Brazil, Female, 18-24
2nd Aug 2018

It was really good!

HI, Thanks for the good review, hope to see you soon here :).

24th Jul 2018

This is a really social hostel, even though it’s not a party hostel which I find really good! The staff is amazing!!

Hi, Thanks for the great review, I think that you gave the perfect explanation about who we are, a really social hostel without being a party hostel. :)

• roxyglopez6166
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd Jul 2018
6.0

Good location+Good hostel to meet people, we met great people!however extremely dirty.Bathroom bins were inappropriate for used toilet tissue.The tissue would get stuck in the holes in the lid and would be left there for days. Not only this but all the marked paper could be seen in the bin,again, this wasn't changed for days. In our room previous guests rubbish+belongings were left in a pile in the corner for days,We had to ask the cleaner to move these things.We ended up moving hostels

Hi, Usually I say thanks to all review, even to the critics because they help us to improve the hostel. In your case it's impossible to say that because the bathrooms and all the rooms are cleaned every day. The rooms for example are cleaned between the check-out time(11am) and check-in(1pm) even that sometimes the guests gets late for the check-out time just because they were chatting in the room(like you for example). So, when people are sharing a space, it's always important that everyone collaborates to keep the space clean, Best Regards, Gaspar

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
22nd Jul 2018

Great hostel for meeting people and in the perfect location!

Hi, Thanks for the great review, was a pleasure to have you guys with us and we hope to see both of you here soon. :) PS: Becca is sending a big hyg for both of you (I can't write your names, HW don't allow it)

7th Jul 2018
7.7

Very good location. Staff is friendly and nice. My problems concerned most the AC, during the night it was freezing. And I couldn't get hot water in the showers.

Hi, Thanks for the review. About the AC, it's complicate to please everyone about the temperature, normally we put on 21 degrees during the summer and 23 during the winter, but if the guests want to change or even turn it off, they just need to ask at the reception. About the shower you just need to wait a little bit sometimes to get hotter.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
24th Jun 2018

Really good hostel - big lockers, plugs by the bed, good security and cheap beers at the bar. 1 block from the beach and easy to get around the city.

Hi, Thanks for the great review, we are glad that you liked, our bar is the cheapest one on the neighborhood and also we have the best caipirinha in Rio :), hope to have you guys here soon :)

• Australia, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2018

I had the greatest time here! Was meant to stay 2 days, ended up staying 10. Very easy to meet people, great vibe outside, super friendly staff.

Hi, Thanks for the good view, We also had great time here with guys. Hope that you'll be back soon.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
20th Jun 2018

We loved staying at lemon spirit we were only meant to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 5. Such a friendly hostel with lovely staff, Tye was the best bar tender. It really felt like a family by the end of our stay

Hi, Thanks for the amazing review. I was tell everyone of the staff that here we don't receive guests at the hostel we receive friends at our home, so I'm really glad that we were able to make you girls feel that way.

13th Jun 2018

Lemon Spirit Hostel was my favorite hostel in Rio, and I'm so glad I left the hostel I was in before early to come here. The location is unbeatable- a few blocks from the beach, the metro, every store you could want in the mall, great bars and restaurants. The bathrooms were consistently clean and the staff is so lovely and helpful. I met really incredible people here, and the general vibe is very social and friendly. Will definitely come back when I return to Rio!

Hi, Thanks for the amazing review, we are glad that you had a great experience here with us. We'll be waiting for you here :)

×