Living Cat's Hostel

• sylviamauritius7878
  • Spain, Female, 31-40
20th Jan 2018
5.1

They dont give any coffe in the morning they close the cafeteria before finish the check in out putting the people outside this is not good. the room little dirty cause so many people drinking somuch and at night ghost. The bar at night the service a little much better. I like hostelword but cat livin hostel i recomend only for partying

13th Jan 2018
7.7

Perfect location. Really good atmosphere to meet new people. Rooms were fine , however shower/toilet was super small. Only one dryer was available for everyone. I mean seriously :? In all, it was a pleasent stay at Cat's hostel. would recomend the same. :)

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jan 2018
8.0

The atmosphere is super chill, but the first floor bar is a little small and gets easily crowded. My biggest complaint would be the staff; check in / check out processes were super long because the staff members were going really slowly. There would be a line of like 4 groups of people at the desk any time we went to speak with them. Plus, the staff was pretty unfriendly overall, didn’t seem welcoming.

5th Jan 2018
6.3

A lot of unexpected fees for keeping baggage( 2euros), breakfast (2 euros), no alcohol allowed on premise and expensive bar. If you are well informed of the ways the hostel wants to rip you off then you will like it. Also no kitchen!! The only hostel I stayed in so far in Europe without one! Basically a very good location and price if you just pay for a bed. But they will try very hard to take as much money as posssible from you.

We do not allow bringing alcohol from the outside because we have our own bar where all drinks are way under 5 euros. Our website clearly says that we do not have a kitchen, but still we provide basic facilities like a fridge and a microwave. And the “lot of extra fees” are just those two: the luggage room and breakfast (which we think it’s a good deal for just 2 euros)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Jan 2018

Cat's is a great hostel for Madrid. The city was fairly quiet given it is winter but on my arrival the bar was heaving and most nights there were loud people downstairs or outside (I didn't mind, what do you expect with a hostel!) so the atmosphere was pretty good. I was with friends but the common area is split up by a fountain in the middle so it's not as social as I expected. The bar seems to be the most social part. Watch out for the cage lockers! The lid fell on my hand haha. Ouch.

• mitchellgonzales175498
  • USA, Male, 25-30
3rd Jan 2018

Surprinaily me and my mother had a great time. We didn’t want to spend that much for a night in the center of town and my mother wanted to experience the hostel nomad life. She loved it and so do I. I have to say I’ll be using hostels like Cat’s to enjoy the cities.

We always try to offer the best quality for the lower price and we are glad your mother too enjoyed the experience in our hostel. And you know… you’ll never forget your first hostel, so we hope to welcome you again!

• msivyantonio4639
  • Philippines, Female, 25-30
2nd Jan 2018

I only lodged there for one night but I can say that it is a well-organized hostel. It is situated near the metro and is very easy to look for. You get value out of your money. Will definitely lodge here again once I go back to Madrid.

Thank you, we hope to welcome you soon again!

• India, Female, 25-30
1st Jan 2018
4.3

The hostel is very dingy The room was very dirty The walls are too thin and there is no sound proofing You can actually hear the water pipelines also And people talking in other rooms and corridor 8 people in one room is too much. Everyone has their own timing of coming n going. And nobody tried to stay quiet while others were sleeping So it was impossible to sleep. The free dinner was over within an hour of start Free coffee was never there Just hot water and a tea bag

We are sorry that your staying was not fully satisfactory, but we are a party hostel so having people coming and going is almost inevitable, without forgetting our rule of avoid noise in the patio after midnight. And apart from shared-rooms (always cleaned daily) we also have private rooms so that all our guests can find the type of room which better suits their idea of accommodation.

• baptistespg7160
  • France, Male, 18-24
1st Jan 2018

Great hostel. clean, cool staff. If you want to do stuff and that you dont know anybody, dont worry theres a lot of activities where youll get to meet the people from the hostel. Besides free food on some days. you have to pay 2 euros if you want to use the storage room the day of departure which is kind of a not nice move (also known as el klassik d*** move). ines is the most beautiful and nice girl youll see (jk)

• jorgeclaytonv7334
  • Mexico, Male, 31-40
31st Dec 2017

I stayed here two nights. I believe the biggest value of this hostel is that can accommodate comfortably A LOT OF PEOPLE... who knows... probably more than 50. And with people come interactions, experiences and fun. Their staff is very organized and they drive the dynamics of the place, breakfast, dinner and bar crawling... you just go with the flow. I'll stay here again the next time I visit Madrid

×