Lub d Cambodia Siem Reap

Superb 315 Total Reviews

• priyadarshinirakh3000
  • India, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2018

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Loved the atmosphere here. The rooms were super clean and well maintained. The general layout of the dorms and the bathrooms was really convenient. The staff was helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here when I'm back in Siem Reap.

Heya! Thanks for choosing to stay at Lub d and thank you for the 10/10 rating! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you'll be back to stay with us again! I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. Thanks again and we'll see you soon! All the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

• emilyhay987641
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2018

Beautiful hostel with a lovely staff. The rooms were super clean and very big, also they were cleaned everyday with fresh sheets and a towel. Lovely facilities outside with the bar, pool and quite tv area. Would HIGHLY recommend staying here and it’s by far my favourite hostel i’ve stayed at in SE asia.

Heya! Thanks for choosing to stay at Lub d and thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us! Thanks again and all the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

• England, Couple, 25-30
15th Jun 2018

Best hostel we have stayed @ in over 2 months in SE Asia, friendly staff, good food (a little pricey but standard hostel prices) a clean appealing looking pool with a huge screen in front which is great whilst World Cup is on! Super spacious clean dorms and bathrooms with hair straighteners!! And you're able to do your own laundry. Also great location 10 mins walk to pub street.

Hey there! Thanks so much for choosing to stay at Lub d Siem Reap and thank you for the 10/10 rating! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we're the best hostel you've stayed at in Southeast Asia! It's awesome that you were able to catch a few of the World Cup games - we love the poolside cinema! Thanks again and we hope to see you back next time you're in Siem Reap! All the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

• France, Couple, 25-30
13th Jun 2018
8.0

Lub d is one of the cleanest and fanciest hostels I have stayed in. The private room felt like a hotel room. The hostel is beautiful and the location is great. It is also pretty easy to meet people, and as such, good for solo travelers. The hostel is way over priced though. The drinks are very expensive and it felt like the staff were pushing their over priced activities and tuk tuks. I would recommend downloading PassApp to book tuk tuks, you will save a few dollars on each ride.

Hey there! Thanks for choosing to stay at Lub d and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It's unfortunate that you loved our facilities so much, more so than other hostels you've stayed at, but find us to be overpriced. I think it stands to reason that we can't be an upmarket hostel with premium products and services if we charged the same prices as lower end properties - we simply wouldn't be able to operate and provide you the facilities and quality that you loved. Our drinks are priced the same as other bars in town with well-trained bartenders and baristas, with real brand alcohol (not fake or watered-down copies). With $1.00 draft beer (or a 3 litre beer tower for $8) and barista-made espresso coffee for $2.75, I would really appreciate it if you could contact me and let me know where you found the same quality drinks at a cheaper price. We strive to serve top-quality products to our guests at affordable prices, with friendly, well-trained service staff. Our tuk tuks are most certainly not overpriced, in fact, we have a set price locked-in for the most popular trips around town so our guests don't get cheated and overcharged. In keeping with our responsible tourism practices, all of our tuk tuk drivers are experienced trained drivers with well-maintained tuk tuks, and we ensure that all of our staff, including our drivers, are paid fairly for the work they do. If you would like to discuss your experience with me further, I would be more than happy to have a chat with you. Thanks again and all the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2018

Great hostel! Newly built, great facilities and an awesome pool. It's not quite a crazy party hostel-a bit more of a nice chilled out interesting crowd, but on Sunday everyone was drinking and playing beer pong so it can get rowdy! The next night was a free movie night with Titanic on the projector screen and a popcorn machine. Great staff (love Sean!) One thing to improve: curtains over the dorm beds would be nice since so many people get up early for sunrise temple tours. Thanks Lub d!!

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
6.9

Hostel is really clean and well designed but the coffee shop there is really expensive for a Hostel. The worst part of my stay was the incompetent staff. They have a huge board of daily events which look amazing but upon asking about several events, staff are absolutely clueless about them and really disorganised. I wasn't able to take part in any because of this. Also they don't honour their "lowest online rate" matching service when extending. Cut my stay here short.

Hi there, Thanks for choosing to stay at Lub d and thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate your feedback and we always want to hear from our guests, whether it's good or bad feedback. This is definitely one of those cases where it would have been great to be able to speak with you while you were here so I could assist you, but unfortunately you didn't ask to speak to a manager. Thankfully, as you can see by our other reviews, your experience is not a regular occurrence, however that certainly doesn't excuse us from the negative experience you had while you were here. We did have two new guest activities start last week as part of our new guest activities schedule and I apologise if any of our team weren't up to speed with the new program. I must say, I think calling our entire team incompetent is a little excessive, as that's certainly not the case. I of course apologise if there was any confusion about extending your stay at the lowest online rate, but we definitely honour our commitment and we do this everyday - we have many guests extending at the lowest online rate as part of our promotion. Again, I truly wish you had of asked to speak to a manager and I could have assisted you while you were here. I'm sincerely sorry that you're experience with us didn't go to plan and if you would like to discuss your experience further, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. All the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2018

So friendly! Perhaps shared dorms a little tooooo big. And not directly close to anything but walkable to town.

Heya! We're thrilled to see that you enjoyed your experience with us, and really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. We are only a 5 minute walk (500m) from Pub Street and Old Market - close enough for a short walk, but far enough away that we don't hear the party music all night. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you're in Siem Reap! All the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

• Philippines, Female, 18-24
7th Jun 2018

Would definitely comeback :)

• wayalix7291
  • Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jun 2018

100% the best hostel you can ever stay at!!! It has a great location- 5 minute walk to pub street. The pool and bar area is amazing. The staff are all super friendly and there are social activities every day. The rooms and very modern and SUPER clean. 10/10 recommend EVERYONE to stay at Lub D. Seriously the best bang for your buck ever!

Heya! Thanks for the 10/10 rating and thanks for taking the time to write us a review! We're so happy to hear that you loved your experience at Lub d and that you'll be recommending us to everyone! Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back here real soon! All the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

5th Jun 2018

Would choose this place over a hotel anyday. It’s even better in person than it is in pictures. Booked 2, stayed for 5. The place is huge, and yet sush clean and quiet dorms. The pool isn’t like most questionable hostel pools, you can see your feet. The food is better than expected and the beers are cheap. The staff are insanely friendly and very helpful. Book tours through the hostel. A little pricey but you know they’re legit. This has by far been my favorite hostel I’ve ever stayed in.

Heya! Thanks for choosing to stay at Lub d and thank you for the 10/10 rating! We're stoked to hear that we're your favourite hostel and that you enjoyed your experience with us so much! It's always great when people see the value in our products and I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Adventure Travel Co. We love their tours! Thanks again and we hope to see you back here real soon! All the best... Cheers, Vin (Hostel Manager)

×