MEININGER Amsterdam City West

• annikyllonen
  • Finland, Female, 18-24
16th Sep 2018
7.4

When I arrived at the hostel I was positively surprised by how nice and professional the staff was. Didn’t spend too much time there tho, I just left my stuff there in the morning and came back in the evening. I do have one negative thing to say - when I got back to the hostel and went in my room I realized that I would be spending the night with three older men. I get that it’s a hostel and you get what you pay for but still.

• Orlamurphy0709
  • Ireland, Female, 41+
15th Sep 2018

For me this was a great location a few steps from a train station with easystem access by train to central station and effortless access to airport. After arriving early I was able to change; put by bag in left luggage, charge. my phone and head off to a city tour less weighed done with great ease, the staff encounter was very easy and pleasant. And when I did back my room was very nice.

• Smith-MiddlemissOE
  • New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
15th Sep 2018

Amazing Hostel, felt more like a hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here while we looked around Amsterdam and only 5min train ride into the Centre so was easy as find. We got upgraded from 7 bed dorm to 4 bed dorm and loved it ! Thank you very much ! When we come back we will be staying here again ! The kitchen was a great asset which we used to cook our meals.

• sampatrick922783
  • England, Male, 25-30
14th Sep 2018
2.0

Absolutely terrible. Rude staff, Over priced for what it was, Late check in in which they didn't care about much. One morning at 3am a guy walked into our room yelling and swearing. We had to chuck him out ourselves. When we told reception about this they blamed us in the room. So not great time... DO NOT BOOK

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Sep 2018

Our group really enjoyed our stay. It was really easy to take transportation into the city. Rooms were very clean and above our expectations. Staff was friendly and always willing to help.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are especially glad that our staff has helped you enjoying your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon! -Your MEININGER Amsterdam Team.

• arnoldelewis9434
  • India, Male, 25-30
12th Sep 2018

The stay was great, especially considering the price. It's right next to the station!

Dear guest, thank you for your comment. We aspire to be not only economical, but a your first option for your trips. Don't hesitate to ask at the reception if there is something that we can do for you! -Your MEININGER Amsterdam Team.

12th Sep 2018

Good spot! Was right next to the train station so it was easy to get to the downtown area. Bar was a bit pricey and there were only 5 seats at the bar, so people mostly got their drinks and sat down by themselves. So not too easy to meet people unless you make an effort. Rented a bike from the hostel, had a nice 20 minute ride to the city. Rooms were solid, beds were small (but I'm 6'6" so that doesn't say a whole lot. Overall enjoyed it, will stay again.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. The bar don't have many tables, but we offer a large sitting area. And weather still allows to use the terrace comfortably, which is a good spot to meet new people! -Your MEININGER Amsterdam Team.

• charlotteself961455
  • England, Female, 18-24
7.4

Nice hostel overall - clean and friendly. Shower gel, soap and linens included. Got upgraded from a 7 person dorm to a 4 person which was really appreciated. However, not able to lock the lockers (even after purchasing €8 lock from reception) which was disappointing. Walk from the city centre was long so public transport is recommended. Large place but didn’t hear much as the bar was well separated from the rooms. Guest kitchen was a brilliant idea.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. Rooms with four beds or bigger always contain lockable closets, let us know if yours are not in good condition. Our reception is always open for your needs! -Your MEININGER Amsterdam Team.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
11th Sep 2018
8.0

This hostel definitely has a hotel feeling. That’s because it kind of is. But none the less it was well kept, clean, and the beds were comfortable. Just a 30 second walk to the metro. And if you’re taking FlixBus to or from, they commute from that station as well. THE ONLY THING that bothered me was that the key card would stop working. They blamed it on being near my phone or other cards I may have had on me. But I kept it away and it still would stop working. It was somewhat frustrating

Dear guest, thank you for your lovely review. We are sorry that your card stopped working several times during your visit. There was a problem with the digital locks that affected some rooms. We hope that, in spite of this circumstance, you will count on MEININGER Amsterdam for future visits!

• lucytordoff145481
  • England, Female, 18-24
10th Sep 2018

The place was always clean and it was definitely worth the money. It's a bit of a journey to the main attractions but there's a train station less than 5 minutes away. There's also a Spar very close by which stocks food and basic toiletries.

Dear guest, thank you for your review. We are really glad to learn that our location and services have been convenient for you. But we wish to deliver the perfect experience, so our reception is always open for your needs! -Your MEININGER Amsterdam Team.

×