Madagascar Underground

9.3
Superb 123 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2018

Returning to Madagascar Underground after several tours in the country always feels like coming home. I'm a female solo traveler here and the staff helped me a lot sorting out tours, booking taxi brousse and giving me advice where to go. Everybody is always very friendly. The hot showers are awesome, the food is amazing (try the Nachos) and it's also a very good place to meet other travelers. I also got the feeling that it's located in a safe street in Tana. - What are you waiting for? :)

11th Jul 2018

The staff were all amazing, the food, drinks, and beer were also all on point. I was in a private room that was beautiful, clean, and quiet. Great location with bars and restaurants within walking distance

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jun 2018

Not only is everything about this hostel great, the staff are so incredibly helpful. I had a medical issue and trouble after my credit cards were stolen, and they helped me with both these things so much; arranged a lovely English-speaking taxi driver who translated everything for me at the hospital and helped me receive a cash transfer at Western Union. The staff are so lovely and helpful and made my unfortunate series of events bearable. Highly recommend everything about MU

• johneewright7184
  • England, Couple, 25-30
23rd May 2018

We ended up staying here twice, initially for three nights and then another night before we flew out of Tana. This is a really great, friendly hostel. A place to meet people in a relaxed environment. The food and drinks were tasty and cheap! The real highlight was the staff, who kindly called ahead to our next destination to sort a couple of things for us as our French is fairly poor. We would not hesitate in recommending MU!

• elk_emeraldkerr6235
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
7th May 2018

Oh my goodness the shower is amazing!!!! Such friendly staff and comfy beds :):) thanks for a lovely stay Madagascar Underground.

1st May 2018
6.9

Pretty nice hostel, likely as good as you will find in Tana, Pretty good food and activities in the bar, I stayed here twice, (before and after a trek/river trip). The people are nice and friendly, somewhat helpful (wish I spoke French), but their English was understandable.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
19th Apr 2018

Very friendly hostel. We stayed in the private room which was large and comfortable.

17th Apr 2018

I have stayed at Madagascar Underground each time I came into Antananarivo. It is well located, but equally important, it is a nice facility and the people are great! Good food (Mexican) at the hostel and in the surrounding neighborhood, Good restaurants are close, an ATM that works on American cards is almost across the street. All the way around, this place is one of the best in town. It has gotten numerous HW awards over the last few years. Great margaritas!

×