Madagascar Underground

Superb 130 Total Reviews
Superb 130 Total Reviews

3rd Oct 2018

This is a great hostel. Very helpful receptionists.

11th Sep 2018
6.6

This hostel is for Flashpackers, not Backpackers! There are cheaper places to stay in Tana but, this is the nicest area/street. Food and drink are overpriced but, more traditional local options are a short walk away, if you're able to do so before sunset or happy to travel for dinner/drinks at night. Staff are all fantastic, if over-worked (only one staff member on duty, except Fridays) and concerned for your welfare in a city with a deservedly edgy reputation. Local beggars congregate here.

9th Sep 2018

The place and service friendly and kind

• Australia, Female, 31-40
19th Aug 2018

nice location, security is always at the door and staff always available, this is the cheapest place you can find, food is nice but you can do your own food by sharing with the staff in the kitchen ahah

• Germany, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2018

Returning to Madagascar Underground after several tours in the country always feels like coming home. I'm a female solo traveler here and the staff helped me a lot sorting out tours, booking taxi brousse and giving me advice where to go. Everybody is always very friendly. The hot showers are awesome, the food is amazing (try the Nachos) and it's also a very good place to meet other travelers. I also got the feeling that it's located in a safe street in Tana. - What are you waiting for? :)

11th Jul 2018

The staff were all amazing, the food, drinks, and beer were also all on point. I was in a private room that was beautiful, clean, and quiet. Great location with bars and restaurants within walking distance

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th Jun 2018

Not only is everything about this hostel great, the staff are so incredibly helpful. I had a medical issue and trouble after my credit cards were stolen, and they helped me with both these things so much; arranged a lovely English-speaking taxi driver who translated everything for me at the hospital and helped me receive a cash transfer at Western Union. The staff are so lovely and helpful and made my unfortunate series of events bearable. Highly recommend everything about MU

• johneewright7184
  • England, Couple, 25-30
23rd May 2018

We ended up staying here twice, initially for three nights and then another night before we flew out of Tana. This is a really great, friendly hostel. A place to meet people in a relaxed environment. The food and drinks were tasty and cheap! The real highlight was the staff, who kindly called ahead to our next destination to sort a couple of things for us as our French is fairly poor. We would not hesitate in recommending MU!

• elk_emeraldkerr6235
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
7th May 2018

Oh my goodness the shower is amazing!!!! Such friendly staff and comfy beds :):) thanks for a lovely stay Madagascar Underground.

1st May 2018
6.9

Pretty nice hostel, likely as good as you will find in Tana, Pretty good food and activities in the bar, I stayed here twice, (before and after a trek/river trip). The people are nice and friendly, somewhat helpful (wish I spoke French), but their English was understandable.

×