Maverick City Lodge

Superb 2299 Total Reviews

• wwwangelaliu9239
  • USA, Female, 18-24
10th May 2018

My friend and I stayed here over the weekend and had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly, always greeting us when we came to and fro. The location was amazing! All the popular bars and clubs were within a very short walking distance and also really close to many of the major attractions. Would definitely love to stay here again if I ever go back to Budapest.

• tanyadupuis1654
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
10th May 2018
7.7

Great location. Really comfortable and spacious dorm beds. It was great to be able to control the AC in the room. Shower was a bit weird as the water was always leaking out making the bathroom floor all wet. My biggest problem was with the demography in the room. I thought they would put similar age groups together but I had 3 middle men in my room which was uncomfortable for me as a young women. Yes, it’s a mixed dorm but they could’ve tried to organize it better I think.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th May 2018

Great hostel. The bunks have curtains for privacy which was a huge plus and was able to sleep really well. Very clean and great facilities. Overall a great stay!

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
5th May 2018

Top Hostel with great employees working there. Be the same in future

• China, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2018
6.6

I had a horrible experience there the night I arrived: when I plugged in my phone charger , it exploded, then the room was night out; which was scary, but how the staff handled it was really disappointing: they game me another broken charger, since the city was in holiday so I couldn’t buy a new one, instead of trying to solve the problem( I didn’t get any comfort), I brought up the issue to different staff and during my two days stay, no one provided me a charger

• tsullivan1997
  • USA, Male, 18-24
29th Apr 2018

I only stayed here for one night and then went to my Airbnb that me and a buddy stayed at. While I was here it was super nice and super clean. Only annoyance I had was that the hostel didn’t have change for when I tried to play for the remaining amount of my room. Tried the next morning and they still didn’t have change, so one of the workers had to pull money from their own wallet. Besides that, the restaurant/bar next door was also really nice and we came back for a beer and to watch soccer!

• stevanrodic01179
  • Serbia, Male, 25-30
28th Apr 2018

Hostel is great. It is 12min walk from Danube. Just it is in a noisy part of town. My room was on the back side of the building, but when i used bathroom (front side of the building) the noise was so loud. I think it was from some kind of a night club,just on the other side of the street. Beside that, it is a great pleace to stay and i already recommended this hostel to my friends.

• India, Female, 31-40
25th Apr 2018

Fantastic hostel, I stayed in the 10 bed girls dorm and it was clean and good. Individual charging point at your bed. Good meeting place with other travellers and over all a fantastic stay. Just a note of caution the climb to your bed can be scary but I would still stay there again

• fangfarrier
  • England, Male, 41+
25th Apr 2018
7.4

My main reservation concerns room servicing and the time taken. To leave a request at 0830 and return 5.5 hours later and find the room not made up is a poor service level. My experiences with all the desk staff was good and enjoyable.

• alangarcia1001
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
23rd Apr 2018

This hostel is EXCELLENT. It’s better than some actual hotels I’ve stayed in Europe. Is not like most hostels that are basically renovated old homes. This has a hotel layout and a juvenile atmosphere. All of the staff are very helpful and friendly, location is superb and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Budapest

×