Maverick City Lodge

Superb 2299 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 2299 Total Reviews

23rd Mar 2018

I stayed here with a two friends recently and we absolutely enjoyed our stay! We were upgraded from a mixed 4 bdr to a private room because of the cleaning services delay. Our room was not gonna be ready until a couple of hours after 3PM (check-in) which we didn't mind since we had prior plans to go sight seeing but it was a great surprise to get upgraded for the wait. Also, Anita was so helpful and very kind!

19th Mar 2018

An absolutely wonderful hostel! No shaky bunks here, but really comfortable and private sleeping pods. A huge kitchen as well. And the staff are super friendly. I especially want to thank Cinti, who spent a lot of time helping me with a computer problem I had. All in all, a perfect hostel!

• mselcraig1898
17th Mar 2018

Our stay was wonderful! Very clean, friendliest staff, very chic and very private. The location was perfect, close to the ruin bars, the river and great cafes/restaurants. Probably my best hostel stay yet, my friends and I were very pleased!

16th Mar 2018

The room was very nice. Did not spend much time in the common areas, so can't comment much on that.

• howard-w1397
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
16th Mar 2018

Location was amazing, right in the Jewish quarter with all the bars and restaurants. The building itself was really aesthetically pleasing, the pictures are quite accurate. However, the washroom wasn't as clean as I'd expected, as both nights the sinks were pretty gross. The room also had a really foul sour smell to it. I thought it was a certain person, but when that individual moved out, the room still smelled awful. Other than the smell, the entire experience was awesome!

Sorry for the discomfort. We have asked our cleaning staff to clean the common rooms more often and precisely. Hope to see you again at the Maverick!

• rhiclegg
  • Wales, Female, 25-30
13th Mar 2018

Awesome hostel! Location was great right in the middle of everything and in walking distance of a lot of attractions in Budapest (max 30 min walk). The staff were great especially when they let me into my room when I locked myself out at 4:30am oops! I would definitely stay again! (I read a lot of comments about the bathrooms before staying here I had no real issues about the cleanliness)

• Ukraine, Female, 25-30
9th Mar 2018

Very central, easy to reach to many spots by walking, very friendly staff, nice social activities. you will be provided with fresh towels and a padlock. kitchen and bathroom are well supplied. they made the best with the space. most dorms are facing the street and are loud when window is opened!

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Feb 2018

Loved this hostel! Beds had their own curtains for privacy. The hostel has nightly events such as wine tasting/tapas nights. Great location down a really hip street. Staff were super friendly. Clean! Heated bathroom floor!

• beatriz_h_silva8179
27th Feb 2018

I was blown away by how nice the private double bed ensuite was. For the price I usually pay for a bed in a dorm room at other hostels, I got a gigantic room with a really nice bathroom. Everything was clean and felt like I was staying at a 4-Star hotel. I would definitely recommend staying there if you’re a solo traveler/couple looking for some alone time.

• France, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2018

This is actually the best hostel that I've ever stayed, the staff is extremely nice, it's very close to everything and the bedrooms are just perfect. Highly recommended

×