Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

9.2
Superb 2101 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2018

This hostel utilizes a grand building in a very unique way. It's located walking distance from most of the main attractions and the pub crawl they offer was super fun! My complaints are that the set-up is not very conducive to meeting people and the room I stayed in (5 bed dorm) was really hot, although they do have fans which helps some. The bathrooms are impeccable and very private. I wished there were lockers in my dorm but instead they're outside the room which is a little strange.

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2018

Good hostel, my only issue was that they made me pay in cash and wouldn’t accept card payment.

• brittwhitehead4093
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2018
7.1

The general use facilities were very basic and it wasn’t particularly easy to meet people. The rooms were basic, not the cleanest but not bad either. The upside is that the hostel is located very centrally to tours/shopping/restaurants etc.

30th Jun 2018

This was really a great place to stay in Budapest! I think the main things that made this place great for me were the STAFF and the LOCATION! The staff were AVAILABLE, FRIENDLY, and very HELPFUL in everything that I needed! Also the LOCATION was wonderful for a Hostel! Right by the Elizabeth Bridge, on the DIRECT Bus Line to the Main Train Station, and close to a central Metro line. It was a little 'quirky', but hey, this is Budapest, so it's okay!

• Bosnia And Herzegovina, Male, 25-30
29th Jun 2018

We came with late flight from Lisbon and check in around 2 am, there was no any problem about it, the check in was fast and the room exceeded all our expectation. My best recommendations!

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2018

Lovely, welcoming hostel which had everything I needed, except WiFi! That was the only bad point, hope they get that sorted soon.

• biancalentini874
  • USA, Female, 18-24
20th Jun 2018

I came here after getting robbed at another nearby hostel and couldn’t have asked for a better refuge. The building itself is so beautiful and the rooms feel upscale for the price. I stayed in a 5 bed room and it was all single beds, not bunk beds. However, there is no way to lock up your stuff if you need to.

• Bosnia And Herzegovina, Male, 25-30
16th Jun 2018

Stuff was really friendly and helpfull, my best recommendations and we will come back again.

11th Jun 2018
5.1

They had no cards left for entrance in the bedroom, so they put a bench holding the door so I could take a shower (of course after the shower someone took off the bench and I had to wake up everyone to enter). The beds are TOO close to each other, so I almost felt like spooning a stranger during the night. It was also hot (no AC) and reading lights didn’t work. I still don’t understand why they didn’t install bunk beds, what would leave some free space in the room. Location is good, though.

• bubbmail9471
  • England, Male, 18-24
11th Jun 2018

Great use of a grand building. Very glad there were some fans for the room. We also liked the mezzanine floor in the room that we stayed in.

×