Meander Hostel

9.0
Superb 1889 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Nov 2018

Just a few days away on this trip...the staff were great and all really friendly lots of advice on where to go and eating places. Perfect for what I was after, not a party hostel but you can always do that if you want with organised events but you need to be aware of this fact when returning. Family dinner was great for people like me who explored a lot and needed something wholesome and low cost (700HUF = £2 = $2.50) when I returned. Thanks you guys for an amazing stay.

• emilylever016174
9th Nov 2018

Loved it here- the staff were immediately fully & working and you can tell they really care about their community! The four-bed dorm was excellent for the price and clean. Definitely stay here!

• bmmoss2933
9th Nov 2018

All the staff is great! They offer free eggs and toast for breakfast which was nice. Saw them constantly cleaning. It's really a great place to stay. About a mile walk from the River, but only about 10 minutes from the Basilica. Didn't feel unsafe walking back in the dark either. They offer free towels and free locks. They do require a 3000 key deposit that you don't get back until you check-out, so just be aware of that if you're on a serious budget. Would definitely stay here again.

• stummejennifer5354
9th Nov 2018

It's in a perfect location-- we were able to walk less than a mile to everything we wished to do during our stay. It has a great laid back atmosphere, and the staff was very helpful and flexible with us! Our flight came in very late at night and they stayed up for us, booked us a shuttle, and got us quickly to bed. If I'm back in Budapest, I will definitely stay again!

• MegBerridge
  • England, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
8th Nov 2018

Great place, great city, great people!! Big fat thumbs up from us. Free bread and eggs woohoo! Really social whether you want to go out on the beer or sit and watch films together.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
7th Nov 2018

Was a good time. Good staff, clean beds, super helpful. The perfect place to party hard and get a good nights sleep.

• ianjzindel7902
  • USA, Male, 18-24
7th Nov 2018

My stay at Meander was great. The staff was super friendly and everyone was super nice. The events the hostel hosts every night are very fun and the overall vibe of Meander is unbeatable.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
7th Nov 2018

Top place. Ended up extending my stay. Fantastic location, clean and the staff are all cool in the gang.

• South Africa, Female, 41+
7th Nov 2018

Seriously best hostel I've ever stayed at ( and I've stayed at alot!). Comfy clean spacious efficient in rooms and social spaces. Great bar. Brilliant breakfast. Worth every cent.

6th Nov 2018

Stayed here 3 nights and if I had not already planned a trip out, I would have stayed longer. Miss the comfy beds. Breakfast of eggs and toast was okay, the staff was very knowledgeable & fun to hang with especially Lochie(Australian with the black beard). The only thing that was really wrong with this hostel was that the showers in the mens restroom shower head were functional but a bit broken. If I am back in Budapest I will definitely stay here again. It is well worth a couple extra €.

×