Mec Hostel

• mat_traveler
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
11th Apr 2018
8.0

I spotted this hostel and booked the same day I checked-in. The man at the reception was a bit cold at first but offered to leave my backpack in the luggage room so that made it better. Checked-in when welcomed by a lady this time, she was very nice to me and offered me a free upgrade to a 4 door room which was nice of her and I appreciate th. Breakfast was nothing complicated and good. The shower didn't work very well, that's my only issue. Only stayed one night but enjoyed my stay. Recommend.

• England, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2018

A nice simple hostel, not super sociable but great if you just need somewhere to sleep. The ladies bathrooms were fine but according to my male friends the men’s bathrooms were not great.

• kanderson88963710
  • USA, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2018

The rooms were very spacious, clean bathrooms, nice common area, centrally located. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially with navigating the public transportation. The kitchen was large and well-stocked with cooking supplies. The only issue I had was the one-temperature-only shower water, which was only sort of warm. Otherwise, I had a great experience!

• Portugal, Male, 31-40
29th Mar 2018
7.4

Members of staff need to explain properly how to open the room doors with the cards. The member of staff had to go with me to the room to show me for not explaining correctly. Only after the green lights disappears should the guest attempt to open it, simple. Instead we are told to open the door soon after the insertion and removal of the card. I witnessed another guest complaining it.

26th Mar 2018
6.9

Nice but the toilets are really dirty No tissues no soap for cleaning hands You need to go to the public washroom And the peoples in the washroom were so weird

• Malaysia, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Mar 2018

overall, it is good. comfortable.

• lucycleek1896
  • USA, Female, 25-30
20th Mar 2018
5.4

If you're young and planning on being out all night you'll probably be okay with this hostel. It is in a great location. The guy at the desk seemed like he didn't want to be there. You have to get a new key card every morning or you'll get locked out of your room which I found super annoying, especially if I just want to get up to use the bathroom. I saw people cleaning but the bathrooms still seemed gross. The sheets were not cleaned well. I was tempted to check out and find new accommodations.

• davidgrant_19956984
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Mar 2018

Good facilities, a decent hostel in a fantastic location

• Poland, Female, 25-30
16th Mar 2018

Nice hostel and staff, great location near o'connell street. free breakfast is a plus!

• Italy, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2018
7.4

Great hostel located in a very good point to stay close to the spire And o connol street

×