Mediterranean Youth Hostel

Superb 7117 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 7117 Total Reviews

15th Apr 2018

10/10 would recommend. This place was amazing and far exceeded my expectations. The biggest thing, aside from cleanliness and an overall nice facility, was the staff showed sooooooo much hospitality. Definitely fell in love with Barcelona and intend to come back. This hostel is where I'll definitely be staying.

• PeterKaminski098597
  • USA, Male, 18-24
14th Apr 2018

Nice hostel in a great location with a fun atmosphere and lots of interesting people. Free dinner on Sunday night was fantastic, the nightly pub crawl was fun, and the morning walking tour convenient. Right beside the train station to the airport and a metro stop, so travel was not a problem. Only issues were with the showers. The water temperature was unpredictable and could range from ice cold to scalding hot.

13th Apr 2018

Nice reception

• TheoAngelov
  • Bulgaria, Male, 31-40
6th Apr 2018
6.0

too noisy during the night, i want been able to sleep at all. :(

Dear guest, We have usually no problems with small groups like you, but in your case, you were extremely noisy, disturbing people who wanted to sleep after midnight. We also inform you that Barcelona city laws says that after 11 p.m is forbidden have alcohol inside ANY hostel. We take care of everyone here, having fun is ok, but respecting the other guess who want to sleep in the night. Thank you ;)

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
31st Mar 2018
7.4

I noticed the door to the luggage storage room wasn't always locked. It made me concerned that my belongings weren't as safe as they could be. Additionally, the power was out the night I checked into the hostel. Since the card reader wasn't working, the staff required me pay in cash and wouldn't allow me to wait until the next morning to pay with card. I would have appreciated a more flexibility with my payment so I could use my cash for other things and avoid making another ATM withdrawal.

• mnikita
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
29th Mar 2018

I had an excellent time at this hostel! Very friendly and helpful staff, they gave great recommendations. The communal dinner was fun and delicious and the accommodations were good. The free walking tour was amazing! Only problem is the door key would only work half of the time. We told the staff but they were not able to fix it while I was there, which was inconvenient. Overall I really enjoyed this hostel and I would go there again.

• kubickovaanet1768
  • Czech Republic, Female, 18-24
28th Mar 2018

It was really nice to stay in the hostel. Really helpful staff who advised a lot of useful information about Barcelona and organized a program in the evening.

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Mar 2018

Had a wonderful stay at Mediterranean Youth Hostel! I originally booked a mixed 6 room dorm for two. However, there was an open private dorm and I was able to stay there with my friend for the same price. It was amazing! Loved the decorations and the bathroom was great! View from the window was awesome as well. The walking tour in the morning was really great! Would definitely stay here again!

• eanylu2251
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2018

Incredible place to stay. If you're looking for a noisy party climate, this might not be the place although is great to meet people and share food as the staff organizes the Spanish dinners. It has a good location near to Casa Batló, it's clean overall and the showers have speakers installed on the ceiling that create a nice atmosphere. Definitely the staff is the best, they are really nice and help you in case of any issue. Recommended.

• mnmartin4807
  • USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2018

Very nice hostel. Located only a short walk from La Sagrada Familia, with plenty of restaurants nearby. Staff were very friendly, answered all questions, and were sure to give recommendations for their favorite places. Place felt very secure. I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm, which had lockers for belongings. Definitely would stay there again.

×