Minneapolis International Hostel

Good 46 Total Reviews
6.4
Good 46 Total Reviews

18th Aug 2018

Fantastic place; very quite, so not really intended for the traditional party backpacker crowd, but great for individuals wanting to recoup after time in the boundary waters. Kitchen is fantastic, everything is clean, and staff are great. Due to the small staff, office hours can be a little erratic, but if you're fairly self-sufficient, this shouldn't be a problem.

• taylamaruM4992
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2018
3.1

The hostel did not feel overly safe, especially for a single female traveler like myself. I only ended staying for one night instead of two, as I did not feel comfortable and it could not compare to the hostels I have previously stayed in. The common area did not feel friendly or inviting, and the rooms were very dark and the bathroom was not overly clean. Would not recommend to anyone.

• michaelvassar5421
  • USA, Male, 31-40
31st Jul 2018
5.1

Criminally irresponsible staff changed the door code locking me out on the last night of my stay, and when I got in anyway I discovered that my bed had been stripped and I had to sleep on a bare mattress. In my first night I was ALSO locked out, but this was at least an understandable mistake on their part.

• rjt09714465
  • USA, Male, 41+
27th Jul 2018
5.1

The property overall is fair. The home is a beautiful home, however, there are several areas that appear to be in the process of upgrading but not complete such as light fixtures and walls no common area for patrons to gather and connect; paper towels in the main bathroom to dry hands; no common food supplies other than tea and coffee; basement men shower curtain had mold; overall cleanliness was fair; no 24 hour desk support for questions or overall security...

• tvanegmond7348
  • Canada, Female, 41+
22nd Jul 2018

Hostel world sold me a room that did not exist at this site so for that, I'm very disappointed. They sold me a private room with two twin beds - not available at this site. I was upsold to a private room with a double bed & pull out couch. It was very clean, nicely decorated but incredibly noisy from people walking upstairs (it was in the basement), flushing toilets, laundry room outside, etc. The pullout couch was very, very, very uncomfortable - no sheets or blankets or pillows for it either.

• alt-schule1519
  • Germany, Male, 31-40
19th Jul 2018
5.1

Room, bathroom was dirty! The bed wasn't clean. It seemed like nobody it anything besides make the bed nice for the next day. I think for this process one has to can expect much more. I had to asked for towels which weren't in the room as I was told! Overall impression: dirty room and the outside looked nobody took care. I live in the basement and I could hear everything laundry and people talking. I didn't feel.very comfortable during my stay and I would not come back!!!

• mctsang9066
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
12th Jun 2018
5.4

Would like owner to be more transparent with policies. Eg $25 charge for late checkin not clear on website. The manager is gruff but not a bad person. can come across rough. Try to be kind.l. Believe the owners should try to hire > 1 than one person to maintain . Not the vibe of a traditional hostel , no community.. No laundry facilities. Basement has a damp / funny smell. But nice and big. To mgt: maybe dry laundry soon after washing can avoid musty smell? I did appreciate.

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st May 2018
4.3

There’s a 25 dollar fee is you arrive later than 9pm. Never saw that listed anywhere... also the room and bathroom were an absolute wreck. The floors had hair tumbleweeds, there was lots of dust, food crusted on the bedside table, and the bathroom had trash thrown about absolutely everywhere. I also found a toe nail clipping in my sheets. Needless to say I left as soon as I could.

• ryabutterfield3873
  • USA, Female, 31-40
30th May 2018

I've stayed here twice. Both times were wonderful! Everything is always well organized, clean, and professionally run.

• USA, Female, 25-30
29th May 2018

Friendly service (Larry did a great job of making me feel welcomed) and excellent location right next to the art museum, near many restaurants, and a short walk downtown. Would certainly stay again. Only caveat is that the kitchen/main common area is closed at 11pm.

×