Moalboal Backpacker Lodge

Fabulous 579 Total Reviews
Fabulous 579 Total Reviews

10th Apr 2018
2.0

Worst experience I’ve had so far. A couple of set backs on my side made the management of my booking difficult, so spoke to the owner to find a solution: rudest person ever! I asked him to book for an extra night, got confirmation it was possible, arrived at the hostel and reception told me they were fully booked! So ended up at Marina Lodge, which was for the best, but not happy with this place at all!

7th Apr 2018
6.6

One of the lowest scores I ever gave to a hostel. Location is great if you are a heavy sleeper (loud music from nearby bars until 4am). Staff were not really friendly, giving you a bad attitude when you ask things. They also gave me wrong information about transportation to Bohol (ask somewhere else). Dorm was big in an open area room (no walls and zero privacy). The chill area was nice and the couple of hammocks. Other than that, this hostel brings nothing to the table.

Why you stay 2 nights in my place? Why you stay an additional night? Because of the budget room rate only? You said, my hostel “brings nothing on the table”. How about the free coffee facility every morning? Or our budget friendly breakfast service with house roasted coffee and homemade bread? Why you not telling to the public that you stay in private single room with balcony and hammock? What shall we do with the owner of the bars in the neighbourhoods? You ask one of my staff, who never been to Bohol, about the travel time for a car ferry from Argao, Cebu to Tagbilaran, Bohol. You been always busy using my internet, have you hear about ask Google? We keep the 12 bed main dorm open to the attached bamboo deck and rooftop. I don’t want a smelly big dorm. And since when has a dorm privacy?

• danielacorreagomez3158
  • Spain, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2018

Totally recommended. The owner is really friendly and helpful. Couple of things were not perfect( cleanliness and the showers only being downstairs) but didn’t really matter much. Really good location, specially if you have a few drinks in Chili bar and nice common area to chill.

• Meleusipo3
  • Philippines, Male, 25-30
30th Mar 2018

Im a Filipino and it's my first time to try solo backpacking and hostel. Good price (based on local's perspective) and location. What will elevate the service is good and friendly staff or the "ates". Ill book a bed here if i'll go back to moalboal.

21st Mar 2018
7.4

Great location, right next to the sardines & where I saw turtles!!! I’ve heard it can get a bit party at this hostel, but I did not get that vibe at all. It was a nice chill place. Lack of plug sockets though!

20th Mar 2018

I really enjoyed my stay here in Moalboal. The hostel is in prime location for the beach and restaurants. There isn’t great security measures, but you can use their lockers is you have your padlock. The atmosphere at the hostel is wicked. Great vibes and a really cool places to stay.

Thanks for your review, but may I know your level for secuity please? We have CCTV at the entrance and exit and at the lockers in our lobby. Furthermore an electronic vault inside the reception.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
18th Mar 2018

First of all, many people open a hostel to make money. At Thorsten you have the feeling: he was even traveling and he just settled down where he was. So you feel very welcome and he knows what travels want. But his wife and the other employees are undeligible nice and you immediately feel at home and not only as a guest or even tolerated. I would recommend anyone to stay here for a few days. Beach is perfect for people who like to snorkel and watch sardine swarms and especially see TURTLES!!!!

17th Mar 2018

This hostel has a good atmosphere and the staff is very helpful! I stayed in the 4 bedroom dorm. Upstairs was the big dorm and everything was “open” even the chill out area is right next to the “dorm”. As i said, I love this place, but sometimes it can be very noisy.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
15th Mar 2018

Cheapest spot during my month in the Philippines, friendly helpful staff and good social atmosphere. Perfect location too!

• barbaraviltuznik5130
  • Slovenia, Female, 25-30
14th Mar 2018

Friendly staff, cheap acommodation, lovely big room, they organise different activities for very good price and at very flexible times (we went canyoneering at 6 in the morning and it was oerfect since we were alone there). The only downthing are paper thin walls. In the evening it can get quite loud in the hostel so for someone who likes to go to bed early it can be very annoying-not even earplugs helped.

×