Music City Hotel/Hostel

Fabulous 1232 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 1232 Total Reviews

15th Aug 2018

Honestly the best hostel I’ve ever stayed. My roommates were even cool to talk to and get to know. They even offer a cheap shuttle to the airport.

• robynashleycorcoran6896
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2018

Pretty much central to all the sights I was after but not exactly a pleasant neighbourhood. Other than that the hostel was really clean, secure and really helpful staff

• Italy, Male, 31-40
29th Jul 2018
6.9

Pretty pricey for a hostel. Plus there was a huge deal as through email i asked to extend my stay and once i got there i was told there was no room on my name, had to spend a day in the city looking for another place to stay, and the lady at the reception didn’t really seem keen to be helpful... not a great professional experience. Beside that, rooms were clean, which matters the most.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
21st Jul 2018
7.7

Hotel is very clean. It's nice that the staff puts out clean sheets & towels for each guest daily. The location is ideal as it is close to many places & public transport. However, it is easy to wonder into areas that aren't so nice or safe. I was disappointed in the sound proofing of the hotel. As they do have areas for bands or people to play their instruments, this can continue into the night & can be heard from the rooms at 11pm when you're trying to sleep.

• theobartlett4699
  • USA, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2018

This was a great experience. Fantastic location with many spots to walk with in minutes. Fair warning, there is no lift/elevator so those with heavy bags or mobility needs should take caution.

• USA, Female, 18-24
12th Jul 2018
8.0

I expected more of a hostel vibe with a community of people like in previous hostels but there wasn’t really a meeting spot for people to hang out which was kind of what I was looking for when I booked this hostel. There is a cool rock room rental downstairs but they just do their own thing aswell.

We encourage our guests to mingle as much as possible within the dorms and feature a posting board in the front desk office in order to coordinate activities or playing music together during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We hope to see you again in the future as our common room is currently under construction and will later provide that space for community among the guests of the hostel.

• charlie21espinoza5515
  • USA, Male, 18-24
2nd Jul 2018

Dope spot! Especially if you love music

7.7

Nothing seeming wrong in the sense it was a hotel more than a hostel. (Previous reviews have explained this already) so completely was aware of this before booking. Very clean and beds get made every day which was nice. Rooms were very small, and some in the photos appear to have a stove or mini kitchen, we didn't have one and it's important for me to cook my own food (for personal reasons) so that was a shame! Area was sketchy. But it was cheap and fulfilled our needs whilst we were there!

We apologize for the different room descriptions not being clear upon booking in the female dorms. The ensuite dorms feature a kitchenette in the room with six beds while the four bed dorm has access to the common microwave outside the front desk office. We hope you keep us in mind in the future and stay in our ensuite dorm since we understand that cooking while traveling can be necessary.

• kaitsledge9278
  • USA, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2018

Music City Hotel was lovely! Check-in/check-out was quick and easy, the staff was very friendly. The space was clean and they did a great job of making it feel cozy but not crowded. Cool thing I didn't know until I arrived: There are recording studios in the basement! And they did NOT detract from a quiet sleeping place. The only suggestion to future visitors: Do not plan on leaving your luggage before/after check-in. They allow it but it is not locked up/secure. Conclusion: Great place!

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. It is great to hear you were able to enjoy the added surprise of the music studios during your stay and found our front desk staff helpful. We apologize that it was not made clear that your luggage is safe when left at the front desk office; we have a separate luggage mezzanine for such storage and it is locked at all times. We hope to see you again on future trips to San Francisco.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
30th Jun 2018

It was the first time that I stayed in a hostel. I had a good experience with this one, everyone was friendly and welcoming. They answered all my questions and I felt safe after all. The bed spreads are clean and you get a fresh towel every day. I would defently stay their again!

We love hearing from our guests who have stayed at a hostel for the first time and we appreciate you providing this feedback. We are happy that our front desk staff was helpful in answering any questions you may have had during your trip. Please keep us in mind for future visits to San Francisco!

×