Nikko Guesthouse Sumica

Superb 589 Total Reviews

• rebstockjames2334
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2018

I had a really great stay in Nikko. All the staff were such helpful, gracious and kind. I would definitely stay again if I return to Nikko.

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Apr 2018

I had a lot of fun staying here, met some great people and the hosts helped me SO much during my time there in informing me about the local area and where I could walk with all kinds of useful maps and suggestions. It has a great vibe, much more relaxed and social than I had previously experienced and I hope to see the hosts again soon

30th Mar 2018

The host couple are really the draw in this place, they're truly lovely! If U get the landlady to play cards (which is not difficult) prepare for a awesome time!

28th Mar 2018

Sumica was an amazing stay! The hosts were extremely friendly and very helpful. I came to Nikko with no plans at all and no idea what there was to do and they gave me some amazing recommendations. The guesthouse is super close to the JR station and the buses and really convenient to get everywhere within Nikko. I loved the heated table that sumica had. It made it a great place to eat or hangout. The people that I stayed with were also fun and made my stay even better. I will come back to stay.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th Mar 2018

Nice little hostel. Stayed when it was still winter in Nikko. Room was warm, staff friendly and location was a few steps away from the train and bus station.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Mar 2018
7.7

Booked a private double room - which was great. Room was too small for our bags to fit in though, so they were kept in the corridor - no security worries though. Guesthouse staff were amazing and even gave me a list in their car toward the near-by shrines (30 mins walk). Great location in Nikko. Kitchen nothing to write home about, but plenty of places near by, include a large supermarket (10 mins walk).

• Portugal, Female, 25-30
26th Jan 2018

The guesthouse is so tiny so it feels almost like a homestay, the staff is so friendly and accommodating! it was so cold when we went there, so the kotatsu (table with heating) felt extra nice, also a good place to have a chat with other guests

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Jan 2018

The guesthouse was in a great central location of Nikko and close to places to eat and supermarkets. The owner and the staff were super friendly and very helpfull. It does get cold as it doesn’t have central heating but they have individual heaters and lots of blankets and hot water bottles at night. Overall was very happy with it.

30th Dec 2017

Amazing beautiful and cozy place, the owner is a lovely guy who will make you feel like home. My friend and I felt so welcomed!! We had a great night with the other guests singing and chatting, and we became good friends. It’s a lovely atmosphere that you have to live if you go to nikko. I will definitely stay at this place again. Totally recommended!!

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Nov 2017

An excellent choice of budget accommodation in Nikko. The hostel is right next to the station and town centre. The staff are friendly, welcoming and very happy to help you enjoy your stay. I went in winter and the hostel was warm and cosy.

×