Nikko Guesthouse Sumica

Superb 600 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 600 Total Reviews

21st May 2018

Conveniently located across from the train stations. Inconveniently, the hostel makes all guests leave between 10am and 4pm. No home cooked lunch or siesta for you! The staff are really nice and helpful in planning your stay in Nikko.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
10th May 2018

Great location, 2 min walk from the station. The staff is amazing and sometimes Kumiko will cook with everyone, which makes it all the more worthwhile to stay here. It does get cold in the night (I was there midmay) but blankets and heater will keep the room cozy.

14th Apr 2018

One of my top 3 hostels in the world. I’ve stayed in over 2 dozen hostels worldwide.

9th Apr 2018

Super Sumica! Wonderful hostel in top location. Family run so it feels like home!! The staff was exceptional - helpful and genuinely friendly. They always had great info and even took us to a couple of local cultural events. The common area has good vibes! Minor things: blanket was too small and had a funky smell, the rule for all guests to leave the building between 10 am - 3 pm for cleaning is inconvenient. Honestly I was happy to adjust because of the lovely staff and good vibes! Recommended.

• rebstockjames2334
  • Canada, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2018

I had a really great stay in Nikko. All the staff were such helpful, gracious and kind. I would definitely stay again if I return to Nikko.

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Apr 2018

I had a lot of fun staying here, met some great people and the hosts helped me SO much during my time there in informing me about the local area and where I could walk with all kinds of useful maps and suggestions. It has a great vibe, much more relaxed and social than I had previously experienced and I hope to see the hosts again soon

30th Mar 2018

The host couple are really the draw in this place, they're truly lovely! If U get the landlady to play cards (which is not difficult) prepare for a awesome time!

28th Mar 2018

Sumica was an amazing stay! The hosts were extremely friendly and very helpful. I came to Nikko with no plans at all and no idea what there was to do and they gave me some amazing recommendations. The guesthouse is super close to the JR station and the buses and really convenient to get everywhere within Nikko. I loved the heated table that sumica had. It made it a great place to eat or hangout. The people that I stayed with were also fun and made my stay even better. I will come back to stay.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
12th Mar 2018

Nice little hostel. Stayed when it was still winter in Nikko. Room was warm, staff friendly and location was a few steps away from the train and bus station.

• England, Male, 25-30
10th Mar 2018
7.7

Booked a private double room - which was great. Room was too small for our bags to fit in though, so they were kept in the corridor - no security worries though. Guesthouse staff were amazing and even gave me a list in their car toward the near-by shrines (30 mins walk). Great location in Nikko. Kitchen nothing to write home about, but plenty of places near by, include a large supermarket (10 mins walk).

×