No.8 at The White Horse

• chenoa_davidson3386
  • England, Female, 25-30
14th Sep 2018
4.9

The very basic conditions were acceptable for the price but the incompetence of the staff was not. The receptionist told me incorrect opening times (!) which meant I was unable to retrieve my laptop and deposit (fortunately an ex-employee was around and came to the rescue), and stuck inside the following morning. DO NOT STAY HERE if you want to stay out past 10:30pm or leave before 9:30am. Also, you need your own padlock for the lockers.

• clairemetcalf07318
  • England, Female, 25-30
9th Sep 2018
2.9

Although the staff were reasonably friendly, they were uninformative and too busy chatting to each other. At the front desk I was waiting for a gap in their conversation (about what music they liked) before I could ask for help. When I did get their attention I asked where I could park my car which was met with a blank look and an, ‘I don’t know.’ The whole vibe of the place is very unfriendly. I felt very unsafe both walking around outside and inside the hostel.

• Poland, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2018
6.6

The place was ok, but I think, that the overall rating on hostel world is a bit misleading (in my opinion far too high). If you wanna stay somewhere cheap where you will just sleep the place is all right, however if you're expecting more than that (place to chill or meet people) - look for a different place.

• lydiatheavocado
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2018

Nice place in a good location. Book direct for a free breakfast! Breakfast is more and daytime baggage storage is more. The bathrooms are very small but clean! Beds a super comfortable work e curtain too :)

• ninadarchitect9570
  • India, Male, 18-24
24th Aug 2018
3.7

My experience was bad in this hostel with staff as I called one of my friend from outside the hostel to my room for some time. After that, I got an email from reception saying it's against the hostel policy to call guests on the room. I checked all the terms and conditions after that but didn't find anything like this. I replied to them saying that this is not mentioned in the T&C (rules) but still they were rude and denying this. Also after 12 pm, you can't go out as all the doors get locked.

14th Aug 2018

Comparing to other cheap hostel I can say tha one is one of the best for its price. Sometimes internet connection was poor and also we had to wait a whole week until we can connect to the internet again. I would have been happier if those guys could keep the toilets cleaner.

• France, Male, 31-40
7th Aug 2018
2.9

What an horrible place ! The location is far from town centre. You can see 10 ants near the shower and WC the evening plus cracks on the ground. IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO LEAVE THE TOILETS OPEN ! Moreover, me and others couldn't receive the WIFI in the bedroom, I was obliged to take a seat near bar. The bedroom was also noisy due to cars on the street. With an empty bar and a kitchen very small, it didn't allow me to meet new people and to stay longer to chat after my lunch.

6th Aug 2018
6.9

Booked for two days, but decided to leave after one. Even though I was still checked in for two and paid for two nights, they wouldn’t give me back my key deposit since they said I was checking out late after the first night. Only reason to stay at this hostel is if you are catching a Tottenham game and looking for a cheap bed. Seeing as how the new stadium will never be finished, look to stay closer to London.

• balber751813
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
4th Aug 2018

The no. 8 at the white horse is an excellent place for meeting new people and drop for some days, their facilities are complete, although we missed a microwave,the location is pretty good even though it is a little far from the center of London it easy to get there and they are right in front of the bus stop, the staff is really nice and you can count on having a pint at the most classic London way, in a pub, so you can get in the best of the moods for your trip.

×