Nomads Melbourne

Very Good 2016 Total Reviews

• callanicholas36672
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
22nd Jun 2018

THE PILLOWS WERE THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD AT A HOTEL EVER! And I am really sorry about the accidental sleep in :) Lots of love, Nicholas Calla

G'day there! Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We're super happy you had such a great sleep - I mean stay - with us. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2018
6.0

Good location, nice staff, not very clean. Door didn’t lock. Kitchen was messy. Room didn’t get cleaned daily.

G'day there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback given and I'm glad you found our location & staff to a high standard. Our kitchen gets clean no less than five times daily - but you can imagine with 275 guests that sometimes it will get a little bit messy from people not cleaning up their dishes. I'm alarmed that your room didn't get cleaned daily however, as this is common practice here at Nomads Melbourne. We hope you enjoyed your free upgrade that you had during your stay here and we hope to see you again soon. Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Jun 2018

The hostel was wonderful and very accommodating to our needs. They had amazing theme nights planned that were a lot of fun!

G'day there! Thanks for leaving us a great review. We appreciate all feedback given and we hope you come join us again. Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• scottdbingham9209
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
4th Jun 2018

Awesome staff, decent beds, toilets a little tired, but functional. Great spot!

G'day there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback given and we hope to see you again soon. Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• sabinegalipeau3611
  • USA, All Female Group, 18-24
24th May 2018
2.9

This hostel was the worst I have stayed at during my time in Australia. The beds felt dirty and the bathrooms / showers were gross. There was no place to put any of our stuff while showering, so we had to subject our things to the bathroom floor. The people in the hostel had no respect for others. They were loud all through the first night. They had night jobs and came in at 1 am to have a full meal, I woke up to chewing, disgusting! Moral of the story don't stay here it was awful!

G'day there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We've taken your comments on board regarding the cleanliness. I'm also really sorry that other people in your room affected your stay. You're always more than welcome to come see Reception regarding this and we will endeavor to move your rooms to make you more comfortable. We hope you come back and join us again so we exceed your expectations. Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• Tommybullingham5409
  • England, Male, 18-24
8th May 2018

I would like to say this was a fantastic place to stay and I'm so glad I went here, I met so many amazing people here and the rooms were not bad at all, I stayed in an 8 bed room and the only fault was maybe the beds are very squeaky and a bit cold at this time of year but hey it's winter! Would recommend to anyone! Kitchen is very small but everyone respects eachothers space!

G'day there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back and join us again. Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

5th May 2018
8.0

Decent place overall. Relatively clean, staff was helpful (although I hate having to use the Tipi thing - staff refused to let us register with pen and paper), good value for the price. Downstairs bar was cool, lots of events going throughout the week. My primary complaint is that the whole place was in severe need of some basic maintenance. Mattresses were pretty uncomfortable as well.

G'day there! Thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate all feedback given and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our bar. We're currently refurbishing our Hostel and have received over 100 new mattresses in the past three days. We hope you come back and stay with us again so we can exceed your expectations! Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
4th May 2018
3.1

Was very disappointed by this hostel, I have stayed at in quite a few hostels and this was the worst for customer service, as you have to check yourself in as the staff wait next to you and don’t acknowledge you. Also the location was quite a way outside the main strip. The room it’s self was nice and clean but the atmosphere was quite. We won’t be staying there again due to the poor customer service.

G'day there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate all feedback given and I am so shocked to hear you found our Customer Service poor. We pride ourselves on having friendly and approachable staff. I've spoken to the staff in question to explain how their relaxed attitude can be taken as bad customer service. It also proves that you felt uncomfortable talking to them about how great our location is - as we are not 'quite a way outside the main strip' but actually in a great location amidst the best that Melbourne has to offer. I'd like to offer you a free night if you're ever back in Melbourne. Please contact me directly to take me up on this offer so we can exceed your expectations. Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2018
6.9

Not the worst nomads I’ve stayed at but wouldn’t recommend. Although the staff were friendly and the free pancakes a bonus, the cleanliness left at lot to be desired. The duvets ate not washed (not even sure they have ever been washed) mine smelt grubby! The en-suite bathrooms were just quickly wiped down and the kitchen was not nice. Way too small for the size of hostel. Free WiFi really slow too and the paid for version not any better.

G'day there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really shocked to hear that you found our cleanliness bad. I've passed on your comments regarding this to our Contract Cleaning Service. If you're ever back in Melbourne let me know so we can exceed your expectations! Best wishes & safe travels, Georgia.

• kaitlynn_lobb5797
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2018

So happy with my choice to stay at Nomads Melbourne. I really have nothing bad to say, l’ll stay there again when I return!

×