Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge

Superb 1004 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 1004 Total Reviews

31st Mar 2018

NOTE this hostel is cash only. Beautiful location, comfy beds. My room had a view of the Sumida River. The bar has a decent amount of locals which is rare for Japan. The floors are concrete and can be a bit echo-y but I didn't have any problem sleeping. The neighborhood is a bit residential and I think the nearby attractions (Asakusa/Sensoji/SkyTree) are basically tourists traps at this point but it's a good spot to get to/from Narita airport.

28th Mar 2018

Short version: Absolutely fantastic. I had zero issues with staying here (and lots of pluses). I would absolutely stay here again. Long version: We got in at 2 am (after the last check in time) and some employees were outside. Even though they were closed, they contacted their manager and got us squared away. Seriously top customer service throughout the whole stay, everything was clean and awesome. I was a little worried about distance to train station... but its only a 5 minute walk.

• acboisvert5219
  • USA, Female, 31-40
25th Mar 2018

Loved this hostel. Staff super friendly and helpful. Very clean and loved the common area. I didn’t bring a towel and was cheap to rent (maybe 100 yen). I stayed in a mixed room with 8 people and everyone was respectfully quiet around 10pm. Only down side was the location away from the main city area. But the trains were not too far away. Pizza here was delicious!

• daviddonelly878209
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
22nd Mar 2018

Wow what a beautiful hostel. I felt like I was staying in an art gallery. The common area/food area is just so pretty. I had a private room and loved it - the common bathroom areas were flawless. The only issue I had was a lot of the guests were Japanese which made it difficult to meet people but that’s not their fault, might have just been the timing. The staff are just lovely and helpful people And while I was there they even had a beautiful live music set from some local artists. Top hostel!

21st Mar 2018

Spent a week at this hostel and I had such a great time! Staff were very friendly and the bar/open area was a great place to relax and meet new people. Meet so many great people here! When I return to Japan I will definitely stay at Nui again!

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
8.0

A friendly hostel located near to the subway. They do good drinks in the bar and great pizza! Not really much of an atmosphere with other travellers but very popular with locals. Staff weren’t that knowledgeable about trips and places to visit but overall had a pleasant stay.

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
20th Mar 2018

Great engaged staff. Amazing bathroom facilities! Would definitely recommend.

• England, Male, 25-30
8.0

More of a bar/foodie place than a hostel. Rooms are fine, though relatively average for Japan. Main function is a trendy bar on the ground floor where you can order plenty of cheese boards. Good open space and kitchen on the 6th floor to hangout in and get free wifi/laptops. Good hostel, but can be a bit loud at night.

• England, Male, 31-40
18th Mar 2018

Security - it is good, codes etc but the locker catch is not strong and not big enough really. Location - I like the area. Staff - Friendly and helpful with great advice. Value- I would prefer a free towel :D Atmosphere - Nice mixture of countries, travellers, locals etc. I didn't understand where I should use slippers.

17th Mar 2018

5 Star value. Great price in a quiet part of Tokyo near a subway station. Very clean and friendly staff. Plenty of toilet/showers if you are in a private room. You also control the temperature in the private rooms which is nice. Not a very social hostel while I was there. I thought the bar would be a huge positive but it was full of locals and impossible to meet anyone. Some kind of tour or organized event would be nice. Or a hostel only happy hour to meet other travelers. Still great value.

×