Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card on arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
Cancellation / No Show & Reduction in Numbers Policy
A 50% non refundable deposit is to be taken at time of booking - the balance of which is payable 30 days prior to arrival.
In the event of any cancellations - you need to inform us immediately in writing - IF we can re-sell these beds for you, you will be CREDITED for these beds sold.
Additional Terms and Conditions
a R 350-00 cash deposit is required - PER PERSON - on check in. This covers your duvet+cover plus your access tag. This will be refunded to you on check out on presentation of the items borrowed.
Bring your own towels and toiletries.
You may hire towels.
You may hire locks for your security baskets.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Business Trip If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Oak Lodge offers both dormitories and great private accommodation, coupled with communal facilities and excellent amenities for any traveller looking to stay in Cape Town. We are within walking distance to the night life of Cape Town in Long Street and the City centre and our on-site tour office will help you with any of the exciting tours South Africa has to offer. We have an on-site bar and a beautiful sun deck with a magnificent view of Table Mountain and Lions Head. We are an inexpensive alternative for those merry travellers who are keen to meet like-minded people as well as enjoying a great all round experience so come relax and enjoy everything Cape Town has to offer!
We are ideally situated in the quiet leafy suburb of Oranjezicht, on the lower slopes of Table Mountain, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet only a ten minute walk through the scenic Company Gardens, to the city centre.
Many of Cape Town’s major attractions, like Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront, Robben Island Museum, District Six Museum, Clifton Beach and Camps Bay Beach are all no more than a five to ten minute drive away. A variety of unique restaurants and pubs, as well as the Gardens Shopping Centre, are right on our doorstep. We also have an on-site tour desk to help you with any tours and excursions you would like to do.
Every aspect of the lodge is SHARED - shared dorm rooms, shared bathrooms, shared kitchen and entertainment facilities.
Beautiful Oregan wood staircase in the entrance / fully equipped kitchen / great entertainment area with bar and snooker table and darts and outdoor braai area as well as roaring fireplace indoors for Winter times.
31 beds in double bunks and twin beds.
Metal security basket fitted under each bed to lock your valuables away (bring a lock)
All linen and duvets and pillows are included and there are superb mattresses on each bed.There is a R 200-00 deposit for Duvets+cover and access key.
Laundry facilities on premises, wash / dry and fold for R120.00
Free WIFI throughout the hostel.
Secure off street parking is available at an extra cost.
Breakfasts can be organized for large groups, otherwise it is self-catering.
Full daily maid service is also included..
We operate a travel desk advising on tours and further travel on the property.
We have a taxi service available to our guests at about R 10-00 per km
Airport shuttles: Please contact us if you require an airport transfer. View House Rules
- Free City Maps
- Free City Tour
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Linen Included
- Bicycle Parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Cable TV
- Ceiling Fan
- Common Room
- Follows Covid-19 sanitation guidance
- Hot Showers
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Jobs Board
- Key Card Access
- Outdoor Terrace
- Safe Deposit Box
- Security Lockers
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Towels Not Included
- Washing Machine
- 24 Hour Reception
- 24 Hour Security
- Airport Transfers
- Bicycle Hire
- Internet Access
- Late check-out
- Laundry Facilities
- Luggage Storage
- Postal Service
- Reception (limited hours)
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels for hire
- Wake-up calls
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Board Games
Please enter the password for the account <% email %>