Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card ???? Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
The following group types are not accepted by this hostel: Holiday with Friends, Junior / Primary School, High / Secondary School, College / University, Business Trip, Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party, Sports Group, Cultural Group If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel."
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Our funky hostel is part of the World famous ‘Scotland’s Top Hostels’ chain and we look forward to welcoming you to Oban.
As our accommodation is comprised of dorm rooms, we can only accept families with children if the whole room has been booked for sole occupancy. We CANNOT accommodate guests under the age of 18 in dorm rooms with other guests. If any guest within your booking is under the age of 18 you MUST contact us directly before making the reservation online.
Translated from its Gaelic tongue to mean ‘small bay’, Oban is an idyllic horseshoe bay sheltered from the Atlantic by the isle of Kerrera. Also known as the ‘Gateway to the Isles’, this is the largest port in North West Scotland and boasts spectacular views across to the Hebridean islands. In particular, the view at dusk from McCaig’s Tower provides a sunset you are unlikely to forget. Like any small port, there is a lot going on in Oban; the bustle of fishing boats, ferries, yachts and sea birds make the waterfront a lovely place to be.
The Original Oban Backpackers is perfectly located to enable you to make the most of your time in Oban. Just a 10 minute stroll from the bus, train and ferry terminals, our friendly hostel has everything you will need after a great day out exploring.
Our spacious, bright dorm rooms have all been recently refurbished and offer wide comfy beds that come complete with fitted sheets, duvets and 2 comfy pillows. Our powerful hot showers are available 24 hours and are guaranteed to leaving you feeling refreshed and ready for your next adventure.
We have a fully equipped self-catering kitchen that has everything you will need to cook your favourite meal and plenty of storage space and fridges available for you to use.
We serve an optional breakfast of cereal, toast, fruit juice and a freshly baked Scottish scone. You can have a 'wee bit of everything' for just £2.00 or simply prepare your own. The choice is yours!
Our funky living room boasts plenty of comfy sofas, a pool table, a fabulous real coal fire, loads of useful local information, games, free WiFi, an Internet Café Style computer and as much free tea, coffee & hot chocolate as you can drink! It’s a great place to relax and meet like-minded travellers so what are you waiting for?
Our staff are a friendly bunch who know the local area like the backs of their hands so don’t hesitate to pick their brains when you are planning your Oban adventure.
We also offer the following:
Free Hostel Booking Service
Free use of Hair Dryer & Straighteners View House Rules
- Free City Maps
- Free Internet Access
- Free WiFi
- Linen Included
- Bicycle Parking
- Book Exchange
- Breakfast Not Included
- Common Room
- Hair Dryers
- Hair Dryers For Hire
- Hot Showers
- Jobs Board
- Safe Deposit Box
- Self-Catering Facilities
- Internet Access
- Laundry Facilities
- Luggage Storage
- Tours/Travel Desk
- Towels for hire
- Tea & Coffee Making Facilities
- Board Games
- Games Room
- Pool Table
Please enter the password for the account <% email %>