Ocean Beach Backpackers

Fabulous 503 Total Reviews

• TheCazmanianDevil9605
  • England, Female, 31-40
2nd May 2018

I loved staying here! My favourite hostel in Australia so far (in 4 months of travelling). I didn't want to leave. Great location, lovely rooms, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. It does have a party atmosphere so if you want to sleep before 11pm, bring earplugs. I slept really well in my comfy bunk, highly recommended, and try to be there on a Wednesday night for the highly social $4 for a burger evening!

• jessicagorton79316
  • USA, Female, 25-30
23rd Apr 2018

This place was amazing! Right on the beach, great people, and INCREDIBLE staff. They made me feel instantly welcome and I’m wouldn’t have left if I could’ve hanged my plane ticket. ♥️ Stay here for a great atmosphere, good people, and amazing beaches with a chill vibe

• joshuasgarton1243
  • England, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2018
4.0

I was bitten 48 times on my right foot. I think as many times on my left foot, and both arms. I have been travelling for years in hundreds of hostels and have never been bitten like this. No apology, no refund, no free night. They didn’t even offer to change my room. I would personally not come back if they payed me.

• jett_ellis
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
1st Apr 2018

This place is filled with great people! Even though it’s not too secure everyone is great and nothing was stolen. Made many friends and the beach is literally 20 feet away from the place! Definitely worth a book in!

• emmapaully209
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
1st Apr 2018

Best hostel EVER

• Finland, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2018

We absolutely loved Ocean Beach Backpackers! Amazing staff, great atmosphere and good facilities. Kitchen was big and had all the supplies you could imagine, however dishes you needed to pay a 10 dollar deposit for. The room was excellent, own bathroom and spacious for 6 persons with plenty of storage room. Would be perfectly suitable for a long-term stay. The wifi unfortunately only worked in the lobby and wasnt the greatest, which was probably the onöy downside.

• England, Male, 25-30
12th Mar 2018

Great place so close to the beach.. great atmosphere nice showers.. good value for money can’t complain!

• bonnercarly4536
  • Scotland, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Mar 2018

One of the best hostels to stay in, there is nothing I could really fault, only downside was the WiFi did not work in my room. Staff were very friendly and keen to help with anything. The hostel is pretty much on the front of the beach great picturesque view. The transport links to Cottesloe town was close and free and easy links to Perth City. Great experience and good atmosphere. The Sunday sesh was the best.

• tonjecappelen
  • Norway, Female, 18-24
11th Feb 2018

The facilities are not the best, rather quite out dated. But the atmosphere is awsome, beds are comfertable, and staff is super nice! There is only a key to Get in to the rooms, and the rooms are never locked.. so it makes it rather easy to Get in to the Hostel Even if you are not a guest. But the atmosphere and location is amazing! Exdended my stay two times!

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
22nd Jan 2018
4.3

I do NOT reccomend this place. A friend and I booked this place for a week and after 2 nights we had enough. The lack of basic hygiene is the largest factor for this bad review. When the receptionist showed us our beds he told us "it's a bit dirty you'll just have to clean this yourself" lightly wiping the bed a bit with his hands. Everything was dirty; the floor, the bathroom, the dishes for $10 deposit had to be washed before use, ALL the toilets i've used and more... Full review on google

×