Old City Hostel

Fabulous 226 Total Reviews
Fabulous 226 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2017

This is my favorite hostel in Istanbul and one of my favorite period. Very cool old-feeling building with a lot of character. Cozy...indoor 'terrace' on top floor as well as a semi hidden little balcony above that which overlooks much of Istanbul (you can see the Blue Mosque! And the Taksim skyline...check it out at night!). Owner is a good guy and a real human being. Best location of any hostel in this city that I'm aware of (between Hagia Sophia/Blue Mosque and Cemberlitas/Grand Bazaar).

• malmukhtar
  • Iraq, All Male Group, 25-30
27th Dec 2017

Very good hostel and great location

• ciwanhalo7694
  • England, Male, 31-40
31st Oct 2017

The hostel location is perfect. I would definitely recommend this hostel. It is very clean and staffs are so kind and friendly.

• slemantamerm2597
  • Turkey, Male, 25-30
26th Oct 2017

The best amazing perfect and comfortable hostel for all who love traveling and stay in a amazing center point of city, The old city hostel is in a center point of old historical İstanbul With a very helpful staff ,clean as perfect as everyone will like, perfect terrace with Very nice view of the famous blue mosque Very nice breakfast,. I really enjoy the stay in old city hostel, sure it get my place for next time , I recommend it for everyone who plans to visit İstanbul.

• Turkey, Mixed Group, 18-24
25th Oct 2017

It has the perfect location at the center of the old city. Almost on main road. 1min for the tram. We could walk to all the historycal places. Very good stuff and the owner is very friendly and kind. Thanx for everything.

17th Oct 2017
5.4

Do not stay here! The hostel manager is not to be trusted. I booked this hostel for 11 days instead of 4 days by mistake. I emailed the hostel 3 weeks before my stay explaining what happened and never heard back. When I checked in, the receptionist informed me I would need to pay for 11 days regardless. This is in violation of Hostel world’s cancellation policy. The manager refused to accept this. He harassed me for my entire stay pressuring me to pay the extra money. I felt very unsafe. SCAM.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
15th Oct 2017

Perfectly located hostel right in the old city centre on the tram line with loads of restaurants super close. Decent sized rooms, good Wi-Fi connection, sockets at every bed. Good breakfast included. A little noisy at night due to the outside restaurants. Cute little terrace on the fourth floor.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Oct 2017
3.7

We would recommend staying elsewhere. The bathroom was filthy, and the guy was really rude and unhelpful. Security was non-existent, all the lockers had false locks. The breakfast was also depressing. There are so many better choices in Istanbul.

• Australia, All Male Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Oct 2017

Good value accommodation, friendly staff and a great location.

• USA, Male, 25-30
7th Aug 2017

wow. what an amazing place to stay! I travel through Istanbul often and after bad experiences at a number of hostels in the city, I now alwsys settle for here. it has a great staff, it's on a really cool street for hanging out and smoking sheesha, it's very clean, and very safe. the location is perfect too. I recommend.

×