Orsa Maggiore for Women Only

Superb 2293 Total Reviews

• susan2571
  • USA, Female, 41+
16th Apr 2018

The Orsa Maggiore for Women is located in the old part of Rome, accessible via bus/car/walking. Staff is very friendly, helpful, and well versed with the challenges of travel. Very clean. Bring your own towel, padlock. Grocery within walking distance + full kitchen for guests. My only complaint is that the shared sleeping rooms, while large, are echo chambers--every rustle of fabric is noisy. Snoring/coughing wakes everyone. Earplugs should be offered at the door. Consider a private room.

• Turkey, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2018

The environment is great especially for a solo female traveller. Trastevere is a wonderful location and has a great city spirit that Orsa Maggiore reflects as well!! There's a great garden. I stayed at a 5 person room and the room was big enough to host 10 people also very clean. Was kind of cold and radiators weren't working though. Besides they don't provide the padlock so better to bring your own. If I were to go back to Rome, I'd probably stay here again.

• hfcapocci9520
  • England, Female, 41+
1st Apr 2018

Great hostel if you are after a peaceful place, a short walk away from the centre of Trastevere. However beware - hostelworld took my deposit but when I arrived the hostel had no record of my booking so I had to pay again. It was fortunate that they had a space in a different room.

• madlib24248034
26th Mar 2018
8.0

Good spot for a one night stay. It’s not super close to the main attractions (except Vatican) but it’s near the cute Trastevere area with lots of great restaurants and scenic streets. The room was spacious and the staff was helpful with transportation to the airport. Would stay again!

• suzannemcghee5815
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Mar 2018

Great hostel very peaceful stay and a 5 minute walk from Trastevere :)

11th Mar 2018
6.6

Though staff was very great and helpful, this hostel lacked good atmosphere. I thought it'd be pretty cool to stay in an all girls hostel, I don't think I have ever been in such an unfriendly environment. I don't really blame the staff but I would only stay here again if I was interested in a very low key hostel. Wasn't my favorite.

• smcintosh11145746
10th Mar 2018
6.0

Personally, I did not feel entirely comfortable here. It was located on the second flood of another building and was slightly difficult to find at first. The staff was somewhat helpful and there was free coffee and tea in the morning. It was in a good location as you could easily walk to the Vatican and many landmarks. Not bad for the price but I didn't feel entirely secure there, especially not returning at night. Also, no one was at reception when I left and i didn't know who to contact.

Dear Madam, our Hostel is inside the building of the International Women's House, and you can find the sign and the bell at the main door and all the signs that lead you to the hostel once entered. Our place is very apreciated because our guests feel very safe even if they travel alone. The neighborough as well is very safe, so we are very sorry if you did not feel comfortable. The reception is open from 7 am to midnight, but there is always someone during the night who opens the door, so maybe you left before 7?. Or the receptionist could have been in some room to accompany a new guest.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Mar 2018

This is such a wonderful hostel! My friend and I greatly enjoyed our stay, and the vibe that the hostel presents. It's clean, safe and funky and the staff are always happy to help you out. They also have a laundry service and plenty of bathrooms. The hostel is also super close to a main bridge crossing the river that goes to the city centre, a 15 minute walk to the Vatican, and a 10 minute walk to the most beautiful area in Rome - Trastevre! Thanks so much for a wonderful stay!

• Marissagoodier1578
5th Mar 2018

Amazing value and everything was really great! Only negative comment to be made is that the bathrooms where showers are could be bit cleaner/more well ventilated because they smelled of mold. Otherwise amazing and very safe feeling hostel. Not a party atmosphere at all but that was nice for me. Great location as well. Definitely found a home base anytime I want to go to Rome!

• emichels9741
2nd Mar 2018

Great small place in a central location- there's only 4 rooms and it's a sort of bed and breakfast style place. The staff is only there until 12:30 every day, but they make it easy for you to access your room if you arrive after then. If you need a place to unwind and stay in a comfortable environment, the location cannot be beat in Trastevere. I would recommend it for anyone who is looking for a no-frills, yet nice place in the area.

×