Orsa Maggiore for Women Only

Superb 2344 Total Reviews

• pattymcgehee
11th Jul 2018
6.0

Bed was comfy, however there were some holes in the sheets. My closet did not have a lock(the other three closets did), so just in case I left my passport at the front desk. I thought this would safer, which it might have been however the morning I needed to check out it took them at least 20 minutes to find my passport. I planed for extra time, but it was it enough, as I missed the bus to the train station, and I missed the train go my next destination.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
5th Jul 2018
5.7

This hostel is in a good, safe location. I was provided with a locker with a broken lock and when I inquired to have it fixed it took some coaxing for the staff to take action- even then the fix was not properly secure. Shower drain blocked regularly which made showering unpleasant. Very quiet hostel and guests kept to themselves. The hostel was OK but I felt not worth the per night price- it felt a little unmaintained and lonely.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
1st Jul 2018

Great location, lovely helpful staff. Rooms were huge with amazingly high ceilings and lockable cupboards. Bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner and it would have been nice to have had your own key to the room. Overall a great place to stay, so close to lots of good sights and places to eat/drink.

Dear Madam, thank you for your good feedback! At the end of ther month we will change the cleaners, because we are not satisfided, so we hope tha everything will be cleaner. As per the key, you could have a personal one with a 5 euro deposit. We hope to see you again in the future!

• elsherron5760
23rd Jun 2018
8.0

The staff and location were definitely highlights of this hostel. Paola was especially helpful with arranging an airport shuttle for my departure. I also liked how big the lockers in the room were. The only con was that the WiFi in the room didn’t really work.

• NadaAbdrabou
  • Egypt, Female, 25-30
22nd Jun 2018

The thing i liked THE MOST about this hostel was the location .. being in Trastevere made it easy to move around specially at night while feeling safe in the area, it’s also full of good cafes, restaurants and ice cream spots! As for the hostel, i loved that it has housekeeping for the rooms and the whole place so that kept it clean during all my stay! I didn’t mind the parties going in the garden as i was too tired to be annoyed lol! One last thing, the beds were a bit tiny but also was fine

• racheldasilva979134
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2018

Very friendly staff! I didn’t find the room setup was very safe because there were times I came back and there was no one at the front, u don’t get your own key, so someone could have wondered in. The rooms are HUGE and very clean, and the garden is so lovely. It’s a great place to stay, for a night or two, I personally didn’t find their was a lot of atmosphere to meet people. But I really liked staying here regardless, it’s peaceful. ❤️ the area is gorgeous , my favourite in Rome. :) thanks!?

• thompsonariel86785
15th Jun 2018

Great location about a 20-30 minute walk to all the major sights. The group of women that run the place are really sweet. Stayed in the summer so the women’s center had events going on in the courtyard like dances and plays most nights but they end by 10/11pm. Fun to watch from the windows! They make the beds everyday, but I wish they mopped and cleaned the bathrooms as well. Also need fly traps in summer, they were all over hallway and rooms!

• Norway, Female, 25-30
15th Jun 2018
8.0

A lovely hostel! Very nice location, quiet but close to the city and to the many restaurants of Trastevere. Easy to walk to many of Rome’s beautiful sights. The hostel is part of the international women’s house of Rome, and so I even got to see an Indian dance-performance on one of the evenings in the back garden. Nice to be able to come and go as you please too. Recommended for women travelling alone and want to spend more time out and about than inside their hostel room!

12th Jun 2018

This was the second time that I have stayed at Orsa Maggiore. Rooms spacious and clean. Excellent location in Trastevere. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Highly recommended.

• becalton8983
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
8th Jun 2018
7.7

Overall our stay was good. The bathroom could do with a decent clean as it had a funny smell and looked dirty. On the website if states you can pay with card, however when we arrived we were told we have to pay in cash which did cause an inconvenience. Location is about 30 min walk to the main sites in Rome but is very close to the Vatican, there were also many restaurants nearby making it a lot easier on an evening.

×