PLUS Camping Tiber

Fabulous 1993 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
18th Oct 2017
2.0

Aweful place! I arrived to find rips all over the tent, with a huge one going down the length of the door. I had just come off a long flight, running on 1 hour of sleep for the past 30. I decided to just make a complaint in the morning. There was one other person staying in the tent with me. I awoke to him standing over me watching me sleep at 3 am. I told him to bugger off. He ran his hand down the length of my body as he went to his bed. I told the staff what happened and they didnt care.

7th Oct 2017
6.0

Location is terrible...accesibility to market & restaurant is very inconvenient. The onsite supermarket & restaurant closes from 11 am to 4:30 pm & 6:30 pm. It is a 15 minutes walk to the get to the Prima Porta station where most of the restaurants in the area are. It is also very cold in the tent in the evening. It is a camping site and not really a hostel as there is not really a common area to meet other travelers.

• maxferrari
  • England, Male, 18-24
24th Sep 2017
4.0

Don't stay here if you want a clean night sleep

Dear Max, we are sorry you did not enjoyed your stay at Camping Tiber. As you may read from the other comments, our guests are quite happy of our services. As you well know, we immediately solved the issue you had, offering to you and your friends a free upgrade to private rooms and you even spent a free day extra at the pool side. Hoping to meet you in the future we send our Kindest regards, Marzia S. Campsite Mng

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Sep 2017
7.4

This is a cool place and extremely cheap for Rome, but you should know that it is very inconvenient to get to. If you are planning on staying out into the evening/night, it's hard because you either need to make sure to catch the night transportation back, or if it's later than that -- I think after around 12:30am -- you will have to end up walking partway in the middle of nowhere in the dark to the campground. However, if you are okay with a long transport with transfers, it's cheap and good.

Thank you for your comment! See you soon in Rome, Marzia S.

• Swaziland, Female, 18-24
19th Sep 2017

I stayed Sept 19, 2017. As someone who doesn't go camping often - or at all - I was content with the tents the hostel provided. It was cold, and they did provide heavy blankets in addition to the linens provided. The bathroom was a short 2 min walk away and I found the bathrooms to be kept very clean. The restaurant was open early enough for me to get my morning coffee as well as the little market was also open early so I could grab a snack on my way out. The staff a reception were so nice.

How good to read your comment! We are glad you spent a good time with us, see you soon!

13th Sep 2017

Awesome camping sites, a bit far from city. Facilities excellent. Food too expensive.

Thank you very much for your comment! We hope to see you again in Rome or in one of Plus Hostels in Europe, ARRIVEDERCI!

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2017

A bit hard to far from the main bus terminals but easy to get to and from the main city area. Not much security but what can one expect from a tent? A little chilly at night, otherwise a great experience. My only issue wasn't with Camping Tiber but with the restaurant. I'd been backpacking and used to having a shared kitchen. I understand the lack of a kitchen but the restaurant would not lend a bowl or spoon. One would have to bring them or buy disposables.

Thank you for your comment! We will be happy to welcome you again in Plus Hostels in Berlin, Venice or Prague See you soon!

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
7th Sep 2017
7.7

Me and a friend had a good time here. It is a little out of the way, and we may have missed some of the atmosphere due to the heavy rain when we went.

• PirateKyra
  • England, Female, 18-24
7th Sep 2017
6.3

Far away from Rome city centre and was very many nice walking places at location. Was very dirty, these things don't bother me but my room mate had a real problem with it. Pool was nice but small, one biggish family managed to just take over the full pool, plenty of deck beds though. Food was nice and good value! And having a shop on site was great!!

Dear Kyra, thank you for sharing your experience. Camping TIber lies along the roman riverside about 15 km from the city center as explained on the online description. You booked a bed in dormitory and you share with one person only your room. Out staff is always at guest disposal in case of need during your stay, but you never advise of any kind of issue, we could immediately solve it. Thank you for noticing our staff courtesy and professionalism. Hoping to meet you in the one of Plus Hostel in Europe, Kind regards. Marzia S. Campsite Mng

1st Sep 2017

I loved staying at camping tiber, it was so nice to have space and a pool. The security wasn't great inside but i had locks on my bag so i was fine. It got cold at night, so for people who don't like the cold maybe don't stay here. Personally i loved it. Just wish the restaurant/computer room had been open later than 11pm

Happy to welcome you in Rome! Thank you for your comment and suggestions, see you soon in Rome. ARRIVEDERCI!

×