Paddy's Palace Dublin

• terencecyma6290
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2018
5.7

For what it I paid I suppose there's not much to expect, but it was just uncomfortable, and I didn't know the surrounding area would be so sketchy.

• SULLIVANJH957817
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
8th Jun 2018
7.4

It's a pretty good location and the staff seem friendly enough. The bathrooms were quite icky, but I think that has less to do with the hostel staff and more to do with the people staying there. Most of my rating is a result of comparing two different hostels I've stayed in. This one was lacking in comparison - a little icky and no access to wifi in the rooms. Probably would give a different hostel a try if I ever came back. But, you also get what you pay for - win some, lose some.

• kandjbowman7533
8th Jun 2018
7.7

The staff was attentive and kind. Our room and the bathrooms on our floor were clean. There wasn’t any hot water in the showers on our floor. We asked the staff about it, got a grin and were told where to find the “best” showers... aka the ones with hot water. We didn’t want to travel down the hall, out the fire escape, in another hall and down several flights of stairs to get to the “best” showers.... so we took cold ones. Location was fantastic for O’Connell St, Temple Bar and tours.

6th Jun 2018
2.9

Nothing functioned properly, including doors, showers, lockers, toasters and wifi. Nowhere to leave your items that was secure. The place is not clean. They said that they would give you a free trip when you book a certain amount of days, we did not get a free trip. It is cheap to stay here, but it is not worth the money.

3rd Jun 2018

The rooms are facing the street and train and windows must be kept open due to no AC so it can get very loud at night. Also the curtain in our room didn’t fully cover the window so it was very bright. Also, note that while there are showers they aren’t the best, you need to hold down the button to get water so you only get about two seconds of water if you let go. Would highly suggest booking the free tour to Kilkenny however, it was by far worth it and made up for the facilities!

1st Jun 2018
8.0

Friendly and helpful staff that helped me with all my needs while there and let me borrow a charger adaptor for my American phone charger. Breakfast is super simple and basic but good enough. Free tour with a 2 night stay was so worth it!! Maybe even more than it should have been. I felt safe in my room but the common area is very open to others not staying since they book tour also. Great area by bars and food and close to the river. Super convenient to get back to the airport from Busaras

• michaelconnolly9098
  • New Zealand, Male, 41+
29th May 2018
8.0

Basic but ok

• brookejefferds5319
28th May 2018
7.1

Only WiFi in the lounge which closes but great staff

27th May 2018

GREAT hospitality, GREAT management and workers!!! I had super heavy luggage and they carried it down to the LOCKED baggage room for me while I traveled for the day after check out!! SUPER helpful, sweet and clean place to stay! In the heart of Dublin, 14 min walk to Temple Bar Area....WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND AND STAY AGAIN. Love from America!!

×