Paddy's Palace Dublin

6.6
Good 4793 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 18-24
7.1

If you are simply Looking for a place to sleep at night, this hostel is completely fine. It's relatively cheap, the beds are actually pretty comfortable and sheets are provided. It is not the place you want if you are looking for great atmosphere. The room itself was very clean, the common area not so much, but since I didn't use it, I didnt mind. The staff was super nice. Since the hostel is very central, it's located on a busy street so do bring earplugs for a good night's sleep.

• carlamartinez02995991
  • USA, Female, 18-24
5.7

Although the location was perfect to walk around the city and the staff was helpful. The hostel facilities are sad and deteriorated. Some of the beds did not have pillows, one of the showers did not have a cold water option and showering felt more like being cooked in a stew. For the price that it is I would have expected to have Wi-Fi in the building the room was located and at least assign beds because every day it was like playing the musical chairs trying to get a good bed with a pillow.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Nov 2018

I really liked Paddy's Palace because the staff was really friendly and helpful! It was a little strange that the dorms were in a different building than the common areas, but I also appreciated it since they run tours out of there. The beds were comfy and clean, and the dorm itself was spacious. The one thing that I was not a big fan of was the bathroom. It was for all genders and was not the cleanest/smelled like stale urine. Overall, I liked this hostel a lot, and it was very affordable!

• stbrunoshermitage3631
  • England, Male, 41+
3rd Nov 2018

Some people were having an alcohol party in my Dorm. I asked to be moved to somewhere quiet. They staff moved me to a private room and asked people to go to the pub if they wanted to drink alcohol.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
3rd Nov 2018
3.1

The room was terrible. It was freezing cold inside the room during the entire stay making sleeping impossible. The bed was beside the window which was broken. Cracks all over the window which I’m assuming is why the room was freezing. I have no idea why they’d think having guests stay in a room with a shattered window is acceptable?

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
2nd Nov 2018
2.0

I would not regard this as a hostel. They just want your money. A disgrace. First they charged me extra money. Which they could not answer why. Staff do not care The rooms are not in the same building. A different building. No key for this building. The door to this building is never closed so any one from the street can just walk in. I was shocked that there were No lockers, no heating, 1 plug socket in a 4 bed room. No bed number. Came back someone asleep in my bed. I could write an S.A here

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
1st Nov 2018
3.1

I've stayed in over 200 hostels in my life, never left a review. Guy at reception was the rudest person I've met in my entire life. Never again will I stay here

• MKhan777
  • Ireland, Male, 31-40
1st Nov 2018
7.4

Good Location. Friendly staff. Price slightly higher for a hostel then you would have expected. NO ID Checks, that was concerning. Phone charging fascility not available with every bed. Nice and clean room and toilets. Nice big kitchen area with bread, milk, orange juice, cereals. I will try somewhere else before booking this hostel.

• tristanshayne9386
  • USA, Male, 18-24
18th Oct 2018
4.9

Some pretty disgusting bathrooms, with cold beds pushed against the windows. Not ideal for winter. Luckily the staff was friendly, but even they warned me about the conditions. Not a good sign

12th Oct 2018
4.6

This was the worse Hostel I ever stayed. I arrived in the hostel around 1:30am to check in due my flight. I wasn't well received by the receptionist. I went to the room left my stuff and came back to reception to ask about Socket to recharge my phone after my trip and I was treated really bad and the guy was super rude closing the door at my back when he needed to open the door back for me. No lockers to store our belongings and no WIFI. Overpriced. I hope the adm'll find better staff to replace

×