Palmers Lodge - Swiss Cottage

Fabulous 14115 Total Reviews

• samaramark4057
  • USA, Male, 31-40
18th Jul 2018

Awesome place to stay. My flight was delayed and they handled my 3AM check in with no problem at all! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Jul 2018

Beautiful building. Amazing breakfast. Location is close to two train stations. Staff was kind. Rooms can be a touch stuffy. Not a party hostel.

• sanchezslate3672
  • USA, Female, 41+
15th Jul 2018

Everything was good except no air-conditioning, July in London is very hot and there was no relief when returning to the hostel. I found the staff helpful, the place was clean and well kept. It is in a good location, not more than a short tube ride to get anywhere, but it was difficult to sleep due to the heat.

• Argentina, Couple, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th Jul 2018

Very good hostel. Not much to complain about, maybe the bathrooms in the upper floor could be renovated. The bar in the basement is really nice.

13th Jul 2018

Second time staying here. The rooms are awesome and the staff is really helpful.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Jul 2018

It was a beautiful building, with a very fun bar and common room! We loved the location, it was very safe feeling, accessible and spacious! Our bunk beds had curtains and felt like little dens which I loved. Lastly we loved the bartender, she was so funky and nice!

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2018
5.4

It was ok. I have stayed here a few times as the location & price is not bad. 1 Communal sex & non private bathroom for multiple rooms 👎 bad idea. the lift is broken & had been for months & so if you have heavy bags like i did you gotta carry up or down precarious steps. Try not to book in a big dorm room downstairs as theres only 1 unisex bathroom which doesnt feel v private, tbh it just feels uncomfortable even brushing your teeth. Its also right next to the bar so gets veeeerrry noisy.

• England, Female, 31-40
6.0

Room was very smelly and hot, I know we've had amazing weather in England lately and we don't have air con, but I was on the very top bunk and barely slept, so hot! Room smelt like other people's sweat, not the best! I feel this would be better in winter! Staff lovely, facilities great, just a smelly and sweaty Room!

• natsavery4005
  • USA, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2018

We stayed in 3 hostels between London and Dublin and Palmers lodge was definitely our favorite. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed. The staff is lovely and the privacy in the bunks was great! Great location in a cheap part of town and really close to the underground. Really no complaints from our stay.

• markpyzik6632
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
6.3

I arrived and checked in only to find my bed was the only one without curtins. I specifically chose the hostel for its privacy and requested a bed change but was told that there were no other beds available so I left the hostel and moved into an airbnb. Best decision ever!!

×