Phangan Arena

Fabulous 1039 Total Reviews

• yuyeerockstar
  • Thailand, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2018

This hostel is super incredible fun hostel!! I came here for halfmoon party and stayed for a month, all the staff are always smiling and greeting us. They even join the event and dance with us!! All the activities are cheering up before pre party yey!! The rooms are clean and neat!!! I would always choose this hostel at the first of the first choice :)

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
28th Jul 2018
6.9

It’s a beautiful hostel with cool soccer/football facilities. I never saw a game going on while I was there. Very euro clubby atmosphere, with a lot of athletic people playing beer pong at all hours. Music was loud but pretty good. Despacito played roughly every 45 minutes I think. The pool didn’t seem like it had a filter and there was always a smoggy film over it. The staff didn’t really clean the beds, I just saw them wipe the sand off the mattress and fold the blanket for the next guests.

• USA, Male, 25-30
26th Jul 2018

Staff here is great; was here for full moon and left my eyeglasses behind when checking out. I emailed them and they picked them up and kept them behind the desk for me and I came back for them a few days later. Only negatives: it was a bit cliquey (I was solo and most people were already in groups) and my room had no lockers.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
5.7

Not recommended, only ok for full moon when you have no choice. Stayed in 100+ hostels, this one is not great. Food is acceptable, but v poor choice. Most of the staff are rude, although the two older French guys are helpful. It's in a terrible spot on a busy road, with nothing worth noting anywhere near. No staff trying to organise events and keep people entertained, no good vibes at all. Needs major updating and serious thought, then it could be decent. Put some effort in guys

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that we didn't reach your expectations. During this full moon week, we organized beer pong tournaments every day, friendly football games among our guests, warm up parties with local DJ, twerking competition with prizes and daily recommendations for the day activities. Our restaurant offers pizza, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, thai food, salads, tapas, and a variety of snacks for a very fair price (from 1,5$ to 6$). We hope that you could come back so we can try to change your mind! Have a safe travel

• tomibarguen2387
  • England, Male, 18-24
7.7

The facilities were ok just need more of an upgrade and aren’t as nice as seen in pictures. I enjoyed the stay with my girlfriend over the full moon in a 6 bed dorm. If you are staying in one of the doorms with in the building you will hear heavy bass from 12 o’clock in the day and it only gets louder as the day goes on . So if you get in late prepare for that. Staff are great however and lended my girlfriend on of their personal helmets as they ran out of there own and always smiling, joking.

25th Jul 2018

Super great and helpful staff. 100 baht taxi ride to all the big parties including full moon. Great place to pregame or even party all night. Pool, Ping Pong, and awesome 7 v 7 football field. Perfect spot to party without it being too dirty or obnoxious.

• clayfjones8153
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
19th Jul 2018

This place is amazing. The people that manage the place are the nicest and friendliest people I have met on my travels. The food is great and open 24/7. Lastly this place is a party, if that is what you want to do, then this place is for you ;)

17th Jul 2018
8.0

Certainly a party hostel so this place is a lot of fun if you’re a solo backpacker or just looking to have a good time with friends. Location was great - across the street from the beach and with tons of options for eating and drinking in both directions. Having the pool was lovely too.

• jpakesjhaines5424
  • England, Couple, 18-24
6th Jul 2018

This hostel is very lively and is brilliant if you are looking to party! The location is a bit difficult to get to the full moon party beaches or any of the other really nice beaches without having to pay for a taxi or scooter. The facilities are brill at the hostel and as soon as we had any problems, the staff were more than happy to help with anything. Bit unfortunate you can’t have your own drinks or food at the hostel but the beer and Thai food is cheap.

• evecarpenter1998
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Jul 2018

We loved our stay here was super fun and the the people were great would defo stay again

×