Phoenix Hostel

Fabulous 2843 Total Reviews

• mubashirs6828
  • England, Male, 18-24
4.6

The hostel was a lot worse than expected, looked nothing like the pictures online when I booked it. The hygiene and cleanliness of the hostel was atrocious. Everything was incredibly dirty, the toilets honestly gave me nightmares. The rooms stink so badly and the beds were beyond uncomfortable. I guess it is a cheap hostel in London so you get what you pay for, but I wouldn’t even stay there again for free.

6.6

Typical youth hostel. The staff was outstanding! Duncan was awesome - especially for letting me use his shoes after mine got stolen my first nights stay :( I don’t quite blame the hostel for that, people are mean sometimes. The location is nice, but it’s a good distance away for any young adventurers looking for a night out. Overall, would maybe try looking around before deciding on this place. Good for the money though.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
9th Oct 2018

The Phoenix provided a perfect home away from home. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was very good value for money! While the Phoenic may not be the fanciest hostel in London, it provides a clean, cosy space with the best value for money I've found. Only thing to be aware is that there is just a microwave on site, but great eateries are around for good prices, so it's easy to adjust to. Hard to get a place like this as close to Central London. Will easily stay here again.

• katkasan5581
  • Slovenia, Female, 25-30
8th Oct 2018

This hostel made my stay in London fantastic. Great atmosphere, amazing stuff, cozy living room,... and that sweet "Good morning" wich you need for the perfect day. They have a nice bar and great offers, also for breakfast. And besides what ever you need, they just help you right away. There is also lagguage storage if you arrive early. For the cherry on top I get a great tour for Elvis, who showed me around those nice spots that you can't find on the internet. I'm definitely coming back!😃👍

• Boriswalkerman
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
6th Oct 2018

This place reminds me of the labyrinth, Each toilet or shower was completely different some had windows and some were big or small, Some had good water pressure and others didn't. Really friendly staff great homey and friendly vibe here. Facilities aren't the best but you get what you pay for. Plenty of space to sit, chill and eat. Would recommend.

• vecordia2693
  • France, Male, 25-30
5th Oct 2018

Good staff really friendly and speak lot of language the hostel is close to the subway and facilities , night really quiet

3rd Oct 2018

Had a great time here at the Phoenix, great location, great people. Especially loved hanging out in the common area with Regan! He’s the best!!

• rroxey4940
  • Poland, Female, 18-24
3rd Oct 2018

AWESOME PLACE! DEFFO COMING BACK

30th Sep 2018

Still my favourite hostel in London, after multiple visits over the years. Never disappoints. Great value for money, and friendly staff.

27th Sep 2018
2.0

I’d give them a 0 if Hostelworld would let me. The room had no windows, and was weirdly damp. It smelled like rotting flesh. My friend found THREE BEDBUGS in her bed. We ended up leaving in the middle of the night and not getting a refund. Worst hostel I have ever stayed at. They don’t even let you bring alcohol inside, and their bar closes at 11. And the staff is rude about it. How this place is rated so highly is beyond me. I probably got gout just from standing inside.

×