River City Inn

Fabulous 2219 Total Reviews
8.2
Fabulous 2219 Total Reviews

8th Jun 2018

I checked out other hostels for the price and this is about as good as you're going to get. Singapore got expensive compared to Thailand and Malaysia. Breakfast was basic but okay and it's close to Chinatown.

8th Jun 2018

Solid hostel to stay at, it's in a great location (right by clarke quay/boat quay). I met some really awesome people there and we had a lot of fun. There is a common room where people generally hang out. The only complaint I had was that the AC was not cold enough and that the beds were very close together. Other than that, this was the perfect hostel experience.

• BLN42
  • Indonesia, Female, 31-40
3rd Jun 2018
2.6

Don't stay at this hostel. First of all the Staff are super rude (they're not Singaporean). Second of all everyday at noon they will turn off the air conditioner in the room and they took the remote so you can't find a way to turn it on. It wasn't worth a penny.

• adrianadobrindesign13
  • Finland, Female, 25-30
27th May 2018

Over all really good Hostel, very Home-like, quiet and clean! It's right in the downtown and you feel pretty safe walking around. (It's not in chinatown!!) I extended my stay there and I found the staff really helpful and nice. They helped me more than I was expecting to, thank you! :) I don't know about mixed dorms, but female dorm was very satisfying, although some guest tend to be awake during the night time??? Found it a bit weird. Breakfast is lovely, you get these little bananas.

22nd May 2018

Great place to stay and the girl who runs the place is really good. I have read some bad reviews about this place and its all untrue. This place is really good and you can get a good nights sleep.

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
18th May 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here! Near to mrt and very convenient in traveling. Staffs and owner are kind. I will surely come back here and recommend this place!

• England, Male, 25-30
12th May 2018

Excellent little hostel with lovely staff in a great location - would happily recommend!

• England, Male, 25-30
23rd Mar 2018
6.0

First of all, the hostel is absolutely fine if you want somewhere to stay, its clean and the showers are good. However, in the 15 months ive been travelling i've never encountered such a rude manager, he sleeps in the big dorm with all the backpackers which I found odd (and he snores). A girl who was in the bed below said he had pulled back her curtain in the night and switched her night light off because he deemed it too late to be reading, which i thought was just disgusting on many counts.

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Mar 2018
7.1

Terrible check in. Everything else was fine. No 24 hour reception, so I couldn't get in at 3 am when I arrived super tired. At 9 am I went to try check in again. The receptionist seemes annoyed to see me. She said I can't check in until 2 pm, and WOULDN'T EVEN GIVE ME THE WIFI PASSWORD while I waited. Terrible hospitality. It costs them nothing to be nice and welcoming. The place itself is fine.

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Mar 2018
6.0

Staff were nice but manager ruined the atmosphere by constantly lurking around the dorm staring at us and criticising everything we did, couldn't even use the bathroom quietly in the night without being told off like a child. Don't stay here if you want a friendly vibe.

×