River City Inn

Very Good 2193 Total Reviews

• Vietnam, Male, 25-30
21st Sep 2017
8.0

Close proximity to city centre, nice common space, helpful staffs, decent breakfast,... However, our private 4-bed room should have been cleaned more carefully before we came. Frowsty smell in this room is a minus point. Such a pity !!!

• USA, Female, 25-30
21st Sep 2017
5.4

The staff was very unfriendly and the place was not in the best shape. I asked if I could rent a towel but they informed me they were already closed so I never received a clean towel to shower with. They don't run the bedroom AC during the day or the common room AC during the night/morninf so it was uncomfortably hot the entire stay. The lady helping us at check out didn't say a word the entire time and breakfast wasn't ready at 6am as they told us it would be so we never got to eat.

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As stated in the terms and conditions, our reception runs from 11pm to 9am daily and the AC in the dorms run continuously through the night and are ventilated with fans when the guests head out during the day. Feel free to approach our reception our reception for assistance and they would be happy to assist. Sorry that breakfast got slightly delayed. Please inform our staff the day before if you have an early check out and need to have breakfast at 6am sharp.

15th Sep 2017

Kind staff, clean hostel... quiet place to spend the night. They had electricity converters in the lobby, which I found pretty convenient since I didn't have one. Very easy to navigate Singapore from here.

11th Sep 2017
8.0

The hostel is safe, friendly and most crucially of all affordable, which in Singapore was vital for me. I felt it was lacking a little atmosphere as most of the guests wanted to keep themselves to themselves, even during Singapore Grand Prix weekend. Overall though definitely recommended.

• USA, Female, 18-24
26th Aug 2017

I stayed in the all-female 9 bedroom dorm and enjoyed my time there! The beds were clean and very comfortable. The bathrooms were very clean as well. Location is close to MRT and very convenient. Would definitely recommend!

• Philippines, Female, 25-30
25th Aug 2017

There were 4 of us so my friends and I got the room good for 4. The room was decent sized, the bunk beds all equipped with it's own socket and a night light. As for the common area, it really does let you mingle with other travelers. Pretty comfy and homey. The whole place, the toilets, and showers were clean. Location was great. 3 minute walk to the MRT & bus stop. Lots of places to eat around, too. Overall, great! Take note, they don't have a lift to the 4th floor where they are located.

• naomiloveridge9959
  • England, Female, 18-24
22nd Aug 2017
6.3

Location is decent but it's really just a place to rest your head. Zero atmosphere, the staff were unwelcoming and, frankly, rude. You have to walk through the reception/common area to get to the showers and brush your teeth at the sinks in the common area. The wifi was also terrible. Might have felt like better value for money if the staff didn't look so disappointed that you'd turned up.

18th Aug 2017

Small hostel but it's in the perfect location in the heart of Chinatown and downtown. Really friendly staff, but not the best facilities. Beds were comfy and the hostel was super clean and safe, but there's not much to do at the hostel. All in all its definitely good value for your money. I would definitely stay again.

17th Aug 2017
7.1

It was an okay stay for what it is! Nothing horrible, nothing fantastic. Some guests aren't too considerate, but I mean, what do you expect? Hostel life. Clean enough, good location, and Singapore is incredible anyway! Spend as much time as you can out!

16th Aug 2017

Great location and reasonably clean, though the toilets area can get pretty wet. I didn't like the set up with the sinks facing the common areas, as it is awkward for everyone who is hanging out on the couch to watch you while you are washing up for bed. Also note that it takes at least an hour to get to and from the airport on public transit, and although not too difficult, it requires two transfers.

×