RiverSide YHA (Jiangpan)

7.6
Very Good 922 Total Reviews

14th Nov 2017
4.6

The bathroom was pretty dirty, the air conditioning didn’t work, and there wasn’t much of a backpacker atmosphere (mainly families and a bunch old guys in Guangzhou for business). You might get a better option if you get closer to the city? Also I didn’t really have a great experience because my roommates were yelling at midnight and letting mosquitoes in by leaving the door open. I stayed one night and left.

• USA, Mixed Group, 31-40
4th Oct 2017

We have stayed at this hostel three times now. We love the location as it is a nice 5 minute walk from the metro and is right in front of the river. The staff is very helpful and there is plenty of already printed information (catalogues etc) in the reception. The hostel has a nice coffee/bar in which you can enjoy a nice drink and they have activities during holidays.

• Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
4th Oct 2017

the hostel located in a easy location - less than 10 minutes walk from MTR station and next to pier. pleasant atmosphere, clean and staff are friendly, while the price is very competitive. surely I will choose this hostel again if I visit Guangzhou again. :)

11th Sep 2017
5.4

I have stayed here twice , 2016,2017. Good point ! There is river walk in front of this hostel ( 5pm to 7 pm ,nice view ) ! There is cafe next to front desk. ! It is Quiet around this hostel ! 7 11 new opend near by this hostel. Bad point ? TV has been removed ( I stayed same room with last year ,, ? Waste water pipe was stinky sometimes .( Bath room ? Wi-Fi connections was not perfect for https , it is slow to my device .

19th Jul 2017
3.4

I've been backpacking for a year and a half and this is one of the worst places I've ever stayed. The room was covered in cockroaches and smelled like something had died in there. AC didn't work either making the night unbearable when it's 30 Celsius outside. The staff are the rudest I have EVER met, so unhelpful. When I asked for directions to the metro and market I was told to google it. When I asked for a map they tried to charge me for it. DO NOT STAY HERE

25th Jun 2017

Good location in a quiet neighborhood near the ferry to downtown. Some restaurants and convenience stores just around the corner. Room was really clean and comfortable. The security guard was able to check us in even though we arrived at 3 a.m. but otherwise didn't have any interactions with staff members. There is also a good common room for hanging out in.

×