Safestay Barcelona Gothic

It was ok.

• aidancreed14877
  • Ireland, Male, 18-24
7th Apr 2018

Really nice staff and the perfect location.

• veroivonnemoore1593
  • USA, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2018
3.1

This hostel gave me lice. The lobby attendants throughout my whole stay let homeless people sleep and stay on the couches outside our room. This place is under renovation so the staff does not clean well or make this hostel inhabitable. I left this hostel and returned home and realized over little days that I have lice. Not surprised. The beds are arranged like brothel rooms with a curtain and the blanket on top of my covers looked like a fire blanket. I’m horrified.

• hugomiguelpereira901386
  • Portugal, Male, 25-30
4.6

They were renewing the new entrance of the Hostel and because of that we needed to use a lateral entrance that was not really safe at all! This was a big issue in my opinion! Besides that, the "relax room" seemed a bunker and the amount of people on that room was too much! Everything needed to be paid: the towel, the breakfast, the locker...etc. If it was a cheap hostel I would understand it...but this hostel was really expensive (in my opinion) so I wasn't expecting this!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
3.7

Okay so first off it took us forever to find the place, the written instructions need improvement. The place wasn't that clean, especially in the 'lobby', I guess you could call it that. The worst thing though was that I don't think the rules were shared with everyone. We signed something that said quiet hours were from like 11 to like 6 or something like that and we had a group of people in our room who were up talking until 3AM. Somebody also had the kindness to start smoking in the room.

• linhthanky4016
  • Vietnam, All Female Group, 18-24
7.4

Quite good with sufficient facilities. It's also near the metro and near city center.

• christinamasschelein8337
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Mar 2018
6.0

The wifi only worked in the common room, not in the dorm rooms which was annoying and the hostel was under construction meaning the lift was out of service and things were shifted around. We were not informed this before arrival, but most staff spoke decent English which made transactions easier.

• juliaheath52317996
  • USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Mar 2018
4.0

The location was nice, but rest of the experience here was terrible. The building was under construction, so we had to enter through the side door, which was never locked. Our room was right next to the door, so it was always loud. The only place to lock up our luggage was in the hallway, also next to the door, that again, was ALWAYS open. Everything felt grimy, and the top sheet I was given had a blood stain on it. Fruit flies were everywhere and the wifi never worked. Not worth the location.

• harrietzimmermann5978
  • Germany, Female, 41+
26th Mar 2018
6.3

The location was good, but I didn’t like this place. Everything was a bit grubby, there was no tap in the commin room to fill the kettle with and the top bunk beds were really high. It wasn’t a nice place to stay at.

• Philippines, Male, 31-40
16th Mar 2018

Gothic-tensity Location is great. Within walking distance about 30 meters from Jaume I station. Within the gothic quarter hence the area is really amazing surrounded by cool shops, bars, restaurants and what not.... Staff are cool and helpful. Dorms are fine; not the best but there is a locker in every bed, charging port as well. Wifi is not that great... and most certainly, being in a busy area, there was no solid solitude. Dorms are not that very clean either but stayed only one night so

×