Safestay Edinburgh

Great Hostel.

• alexisjtyree4497
  • USA, Female, 18-24
12th Oct 2018

This was a great experience! The hotel was so clean, and the staff was very helpful. I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone.

Hello! Thank you for your review we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you enjoyed Edinburgh and had a safe journey forwards! :)

• yeggos9026
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
10th Sep 2018

Good location and staff

Thank you for your review we are so glad you enjoyed staying with us! We hope you enjoyed your time in Edinburgh! Kind Regards

9th Sep 2018

Everything was great, it was just sort of difficult to meet other people at the Hostel

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear you found it difficult to meet people though I understand we are not your usual backpacker hostel :) I hope you enjoyed Edinburgh & had a safe trip onwards. Kind Regards

• igbypop4845
  • USA, Female, 25-30
2nd Sep 2018

I liked this place, but I don't think I'd want to stay here longer than one night. I sleep with ear plugs and could still hear people being loud and partying in the hallway until after midnight on a Sunday. I had a six person room and it was an ok size. The shower "closet" was nice in that it freed up the toilet for use while someone showered. Great bar downstairs and the location can't be beat if you want to be close to everything

Thanks for your review! We are glad you liked the location and our bar! Sorry about the noise, we do what we can to keep noise levels to a minimum but during the summer this can be difficult with being so busy. We hope you had a great time in Edinburgh & a safe journey forwards. Kind Regards

• benjah420
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
1st Sep 2018
2.6

Myself an two others in my group got 3 beds in a 4 bed mixed dorm. Second day in the hostel our toilet began to run, I went to the front desk an notified them about the issue. About ten minutes later two maintenance workers came to the room to fix it. There was a lot of noise so we went for food. When we got back to the hostel we noticed an expensive bottle of whisky was missing from the table in the room. We brought the issue up to the front desk they essentially said it wasn’t there problem.

Hello, thanks for your review, sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. With regards to the allegations this matter was fully investigated on the day and was discussed with yourself, if you wish to discuss this further please contact our General Manager directly at the hostel.

6.6

Ensuite bathroom meant that toilet and shower were in a small closet-sized space with no divider. No lights separate from the main ones for either sinks or beds made it difficult to do anything without disturbing others in the room. Outlets are not accessible from top bunks (I had to crawl over a sleeping man to get my charger the morning of checkout). The room was poorly ventilated and from the start it was hot, smelly, and humid. Noisy beds, noisy hostel. Good food and drink in bar.

• jockfrilangy1875
  • Scotland, Male, 41+
6.6

The floor in the bar area for breakfast was never cleaned properly and very sticky underfoot. Someone had thrown up (been sick) in one of the wash basins in the downstairs public toilets (Gent) I noticed this on on our arrival and two days later it still had not been cleaned. I think you can do better.

31st Aug 2018

Great pub downstairs, room was clean, had lockers, pub was a great place to meet other travelers! Breakfast is way too overpriced. It’s continental for £5.50. Other hostels in the UK that I’ve been staying at give full English breakfasts for that price! Staff at the front are ok, some were very charming and friendly, others were very passive and not very helpful but still did an ok job.

• oliveiramro134825
  • Brazil, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2018
8.0

I recommend. It's a nice place to stay for holidays.

×