Safestay Madrid

Fabulous 5210 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 5210 Total Reviews

4th Sep 2018

Excellent Hostel and it was my second time there!

• alyssajackson944668
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2018
7.7

The hostel is nice for the price, clean bathrooms and spacious rooms with big windows which is really nice. However, it was quite frustrating that there was no kitchen. I had booked for 4 nights and had I have known that previously I wouldn't have stayed here as I can't afford to be eating out everyday. They also kept my 5 euro deposit for checking out at 11am (1hr later than normal)

Hello :) Thank you so much for your review, we hope that your stay with us was good. We take in account everything that you said about the kitchen and deposit, because the only thing that we want to do is improving. Kind regards, Reception Safestay Madrid.

2nd Sep 2018
8.0

The rooms are designed really well and the beds are comfortable. There are lockers in the room and the Showers are modern and very clean. You also have your own Balcony, this depends on what room your in. There is also a Rooftop Bar and a Movie room which is amazing. The staff really let this Hostel down, they are rude, lazy and seem irritated by the fact that your asking for help. One of the staff members was giving me dirty looks and was very judgemental.

• kostinslava047207
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
29th Aug 2018
4.0

No kitchen, fridge. Employees looked like they don't want to be there. Bedroom shower would flood everytime you tried to take a shower.

• augustrobertson3173
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2018

Great hostel. Felt super safe and good social area including a movie room. Staff were really lovely and helpful and there are a lot of extra activities you can do through the hostel. Paid such a reasonable price especially compared to other hostels we are staying in. Highly recommend!

Hello! Thank you so much for your great review! We hope that you watched a lot of movies in our cinema and you want to come back. We hope see you soon :) Reception Safestay Madrid

26th Aug 2018
8.0

Good place to stay, lots of chill out areas, rooftop bar is fun at night once it cools down abit, would be ideal to have a pool up there as is very hot during afternoon! Rooms are good, clean, ac, great place for meeting ppl, would definitely reccomend the pub crawl also!

24th Aug 2018
7.4

The place was nice and clean however the staff at the check in counter were not very friendly. They gave little to no information on arrival and any time anyone approached to ask a question they seemed annoyed. Perfect for someone looking for a more quiet hostel. It is a bit of a distance from the main attractions. There are also stairs you need to come up which can be tricky if you have a heavy bag. The staff at the counter will watch you struggle with bag and not offer to help.

• deightonabram4306
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
22nd Aug 2018
8.0

The metro was out for renovations between two key stops during my stay. I had to walk the whole city rather than hoping on the handy transit system. If you have any mobility issues this might be an issue. My only other complaint was that the shower and sink had drainage issues. I wear flip flops in hostel bathrooms always, but it doesn’t really madder when the showers fill with water. I mentioned it to the staff, but they said it would be a couple days before they could get it fixed.

• lj_turner9925
20th Aug 2018

Rooms are nice, there’s individual PowerPoints and a little shelf above the beds. Beds are comfy too. If you don’t want to take public transport it’s a little bit of a walk to get to attractions but I don’t mind that. There’s plenty of good food options close by though!

12th Aug 2018

This is my first ever hostel and this is completely opposite of how everyone says hostels are. To me this hostel's ambiance caters to the trendy vibe. With a rooftop bar and a view, my breath was taken away. The bathrooms were very clean and the ac works as long as you keep the door in your room (if you have a door) closed. My only thing was that people can be loud. People will stomp up and down the stairs and slam what sounds like locker doors for a period of time and then stop.

Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, Safestay Madrid

×