Saint James Backpackers

8.4
Fabulous 1330 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Jan 2018

Great vibes, awesome staff, perfect location! Saint James has a really friendly atmosphere and I enjoyed getting to know the staff and other guests at the free dinners and breakfasts. Bathrooms were very clean too. I will 100% stay here next time I’m back in London!

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are very glad to know that you had a great experience with us, enjoyed our atmosphere, our meals and facilities. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again for the kind words!

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Jan 2018
8.0

A good hostel for stays in London. Being less than a 5 minute walk to Earls Court station makes it ideal for getting around. Free evening meals is definitely a bonus and the staff are friendly. Probably not the best if you are looking for 5* Luxury but it is a hostel after all. The bunk beds are metal so can be a little creaky at times but I wouldn't let that put you off. I've stayed here a couple of times now and would definitely come back!

Thank you very much for taking time to review us! We are really glad to hear from you that you spent a positive stay with us enjoying our facilities and our atmosphere. We look forward to welcome you back one day!

• georgiawilliamson5665
  • Australia, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Dec 2017

Firstly, it’s a beautiful old school terrace house and much of its original design appears throughout the building. The rooms themselves are quite basic but have everything you need. My locker was a bit broken so I chose not to lock any valuables in there. The bathrooms are new and lovely. The free breakfast is simple but plenty of variety is available. I did not get a chance to sample the free dinners due to my activities but I saw others eating them and they looked amazing! I highly recommend!

We apologize for the problem you enconter with your locker as we were not aware that it was damaged. Please don't hesitate to directly tell our staff members of any problem if you stay with us again in the future - as we can deal with it and offer a solution straight away for you! However, thank you for your feedback! We are already checking every single locker to prevent our customers from dealing with this problem again. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us... and hope to welcome you again soon!

• Poland, Female, 31-40
17th Dec 2017

Saint James Backpackers is in a great location, close to the tube station and has a Sainsbury's at the end of the block. It is also on the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow. Breakfast provided and if you sign up by a certain time, dinner is available which is tasty and nutritious. 8 bed mixed dorms are nice and have adequate storage as well. The bathroom are clean but water tends to get on the floor no matter what. The staff have always been amazing, very helpful. Highly recommend this hostel

• premsunny1219
  • India, Male, 18-24
9th Dec 2017
5.7

Based on my experience in different hostel around London and Amsterdam the experience here was shocking as on arrival we were excited to check in and head out for party but once we check out our room where we had to change the bed spread and duate was dirty and scary, later that night we slept without the blanket. The only good thing we enjoyed from our stay there was the dinning area were we socialised with couple of Russians and had couple vodka with them, which was very entertaining.

'Thank you for taking the time to review us and we are sorry that our bedding wasn't up to scratch. This is extremely disappointing as we have recently introduced a system to replace any damaged bedding. We have reviewed our systems to introduce extra bedding checks. Please do consider bringing any such shortcomings to our staff when staying at the hostel and we'll rectify them immediately. If you would consider staying with us again please contact us directly and we'll provide you with a discount by way of additional apology"

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Dec 2017

Spent a few nights in this hostel and it was fantastic! The people working there are really helpful and they are always available with 24 hour reception. This is really appreciated. I had an early flight and was able to talk to someone at the front desk to help get me back to the airport. They serve free dinner every night. I wasn't able to try it but I think it's a nice touch. The place was clean, safe and friendly. Would stay there again if I go back to London.

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are glad to hear you appreciated our work , as well as you enjoyed our facilities and our friendly atmposhere: all of this really helps us. It will be a great pleasure welcome you back again!

• Slovenia, Female, 18-24
2nd Dec 2017

Highly recommend this hostel! The best part is the free dinner every night! The beds and shower can be bigger. The location is a 5 min walk to the tube. Worth the money!

Thank you very much for your review! It is a great pleasure hearing you had a good time with us, as well as you enjoyed our facilities. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back one day.

• Rjir217226
  • USA, Male, 25-30
4th Nov 2017
7.1

Surrounding area is good. The staff were nice and check-in/check-out was easy. The showers were annoying to troubleshoot. No directions on how to use them or what’s hot/cold. The lockers are actually just a big blue tin box with a small lock under the bed. The only thing secure about the place is that there are cameras everywhere, as with the rest of London. I was unlucky with my 8-person dorm because the guy sleeping under me, snored like a chimney and farted excessively throughout the night.

Thank you for the feedback. We will add some instructions with the showers so that they are easier to use. We try to make the hostel a safe place for everyone that comes through. (Cameras, lockers etc.) I am sorry to hear about the noise in your room. We sell some ear plugs at reception for such moments. Thank you again for the review. Cheers!

• thomas_yardley8123
  • England, Male, 25-30
29th Oct 2017

Fantastic, would go there again anytime!

Hey Thom, Thanks for the review! I'm really glad you liked it! Come back and see us again anytime! Cheers!

• Poland, Male, 31-40
14th Oct 2017

My stay at Saint James Backpackers was very positive. The staff is awesome, hostel is in good location, rooms are spacious and clean (but always could be better!:) The showers are quite small but again - clean. Breakfast is served in relaxed atmosphere. Good price for very good quality!!!

Thank you so much for the review! We all try very hard to make the hostel clean and relaxed for everyone. Cleanliness is really important to us and with such a big place it can be challenging. Thanks again for the review and come see us again!

×